2nd bike for offroad.

I currently have a ktm 200 xc-w for enduro racing.

Before this bike I always used to have either 250 2 strokesbecause i mainly rode wide roads and ocassional track.

Since the last 2 years i have been strictly riding technical trails and racing enduros so my 200 fits the bill just right.

Unfortunately i have been missing the ocassional long offroadish rides with my friends, cause the 200 is just not good at that. The bike is just plain boring at wide open roads and on 5th ort 6th gear connecting roads i rather just putt around.

There have been also several invitations during the year to some long cross country events that i have been missing out because im afraid of blowing the bike´s motor on such long trips.

Therefore i plan on buying a 4stroke that its just going to be used for this ocassional trail rides and i plan on keeping the 200 for my enduro training and racing.

My options are:

CRF450x Cheap and simple.

or KTM 450 and the constant struggle between xc and xc-w.

If i buy the xc-w or the Honda the bike will only be used once every two weeks and on 4 ultra long trail rides.

But if i get the XC i can ocassionally use it at the MX track. (I dont like MX too much but it would open a new riding day for me throughout the week.Plus it would allow me to improve my technique on jumps, whoops and cornering)

My previous experience with 4 strokes:

I used to have a 05 WR250 and 02 KTM 400. I hated both of them the 1st one lacked power while the 2nd one was in very bad conditions from the start and it was heavy as hell.

The long rides are set throgh mud, sand, river beds,etc. so the lack of power of the 250 made it suck at that, also coming from a 250 2T background i am used to more power.

The 400 power was ok but the suspension was shit. The PO had it in very bad conditions so i never could enjoy it much.

On that kind of riding i have prefered stock 2 stroke 250 MXers cause i like the stiffer suspension at higher speeds. the lighter weight + more power made it easier to ride at sand or mud, and the faster acellaration made wide roads more fun.

Therefore i have been thinking about getting a XC over the XC-W or the Honda.

Is there something I´ll miss from the W´s or the Honda besides top speed and slightly larger tank?

for what you're doing , and it's pretty similar to what I do, I'd just look at a 300 XC . Only thing i'd say is put a 48 rear or even a 47 instead of the 50T. The new XC's are also very light, I dont kno what they did in '13 to the frame or geometry but it also feels alot lighter than the numbers say. You could purr down long fire roads no prob . An oversize tank will go an awful long time on it too. I carried a 4 oz medicine bottle of dominator premix in my pack when down at hatfield mccoys and rode all day long and could re-fuel . As a plus, you'd have a spare bike to steal parts off in a pinch, alot would fit your 200 . Good luck

. You could purr down long fire roads no prob .

Thats exactly what i dont want.

I want tp be able to rip it on open roads power wheelie out of turns...

Thats the only way to have fun at those roads imo.

Its not going to be a race bike, but i want power for friendly unoficial races ? not having to worry abput gas or easing it on the motor on connecting roads.

Thats exactly what i dont want.

power wheelie out of turns...

Get the 300 , and you just might want to get an SX cdi to give you that extra snap. I run the sx box, sx cdi and the red spring ...this really wakes the bike up ....yet you can still lug it all day long in a taller gear if you choose...or map switch it back to XC power while you're riding . Good luck man !