What should I pay for this?

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1375160628.790924.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1375160649.851678.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1375160660.968036.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1375160669.518505.jpg

Very clean cr500! Plus that its street legal! Boy do I want this! Just sold my yz426 a couple weeks ago since the wife's pregnant. She told me that if I sell a bike I have now I can buy this! So the question is do I offer this guy a trade for one of my bikes(xr400,cr250,crf450r) Or sell one and buy! I'm hoping to sell or trade the XR since its just a trail bike.. All bikes are mint! The xr is my trail bike. The cr is my FMX bike and the crf is the racer so I'm pretty sure ill offer him my XR and if he says no go ill buy it and sell the XR(unless of course the wife decides I could keep:naughty:

Let me know what y'all think!

Thanks!

Do you think he will take 4 ?
I'm not sure yet I'm gonna shoot him a call in the morning! I hope so! But well see. I think 4 would be about what the bikes worth. Most people post prices a bit high on Craigslist for people to beat them down a few bucks! Ill tell him 4k and ill pick her up tonight and see what he says if he won't take 3500!

I'm not sure yet I'm gonna shoot him a call in the morning! I hope so! But well see. I think 4 would be about what the bikes worth. Most people post prices a bit high on Craigslist for people to beat them down a few bucks! Ill tell him 4k and ill pick her up tonight and see what he says if he won't take 3500!
it's worth a shot, the worst he can say is no.

Throw a set of 17's and some sumo tires and that thing would be scary!!!! Wouldn't be a bad bike to commute on of you live within 20 miles of your job. Going to work might actually be fun for once! I'd buy it for even 4500, not something you see pop up on CL everyday
and it's a 2 stroke.

Throw a set of 17's and some sumo tires and that thing would be scary!!!! Wouldn't be a bad bike to commute on of you live within 20 miles of your job. Going to work might actually be fun for once! I'd buy it for even 4500, not something you see pop up on CL everyday
I woulda payed up to 4! Guy told me for 3500 to go take a look tomorrow so even better:smirk: and yes I won't be able to go too far but it's got an extra BigER tank with it! Guy told me the extra tank holds 4.2 gallons of premix. But it can't have stock shrouds cuz the tank was for another bike? He said it works but looks dumb without shrouds! If I knew what bike it's for I'd buy shrouds for it and a graphics kit and run it.

Jump on it! I'm biased because I own 3 already... but you'll be glad you did. Bring cash in hand if you can...money talks...he will accept less.
yes I took cash in hand but once I got there the bike had every and all bearings were loose/junk and needed replaced and it kicked like a first model 450 without a decomp lever! I've never ran a 500 but I'm sure it should of been easier to start.. The rear shock once you say on it about fell 2 foot(not litteraly 2 feet but it damn near bottomed out) and the front wheel looked like a sm wheel! Absolutely no tread. So I told him if he can't sell it within a couple weeks to get ahold of me and I'll give him 2k for it. He said if I could go to 3 hell sell it now but I said I'd go 2200 at most cuz it needed alot.. He said 2500. I said give it a couple weeks if it doesn't sell I'll give you 2300 for it. He said he'll get ahold of me if it doesn't sell within the week.
  • Like 2

yes I took cash in hand but once I got there the bike had every and all bearings were loose/junk and needed replaced and it kicked like a first model 450 without a decomp lever! I've never ran a 500 but I'm sure it should of been easier to start.. The rear shock once you say on it about fell 2 foot(not litteraly 2 feet but it damn near bottomed out) and the front wheel looked like a sm wheel! Absolutely no tread. So I told him if he can't sell it within a couple weeks to get ahold of me and I'll give him 2k for it. He said if I could go to 3 hell sell it now but I said I'd go 2200 at most cuz it needed alot.. He said 2500. I said give it a couple weeks if it doesn't sell I'll give you 2300 for it. He said he'll get ahold of me if it doesn't sell within the week.

Pictures can be deceiving! I traveled clear across the state of Colorado to look at my '95...same story as what you described. Also, it was stored outside for years...lol Why do people think it cool to trash stuff? Is it manly? Does one get cool points? No need to be OCD with it, but I mean come on people! I'd say its only worth $1800-2200 based on what you described...or keep on looking.

I'd go 2500 if you can drive it and verify that the drivetrain checks out ok.

Big bore, single cylinder bikes are usually pretty hard to start unless 100% dialed in, and even then the starting procedure is an art.

Tires/bearings etc is not that big of a deal for $2500!

Edited by jesus builtmy hotrod

I'd go 2500 if you can drive it and verify that the drivetrain checks out ok.

Big bore, single cylinder bikes are usually pretty hard to start unless 100% dialed in, and even then the starting procedure is an art.

Tires/bearings etc is not that big of a deal for $2500!

it ran great after getting it started!

And pictures are very diceiving! He said the pics were when it was "fresh"

I said if he buys all bearings and the tires that ill give him 3000. But he said he'll give me a call if it does t sell! Wish I'm fairly certain it won't.. Not for 4500 anyways.

it ran great after getting it started!

And pictures are very diceiving! He said the pics were when it was "fresh"

I said if he buys all bearings and the tires that ill give him 3000. But he said he'll give me a call if it does t sell! Wish I'm fairly certain it won't.. Not for 4500 anyways.

wow, that's a bummer.

It looked really clean.

Edited by YZX