E head decompression plug retainer?

Ive got a 2004 drz400s and its been rebuilt I assume with a e head. Bike runs like a champ....... problem is that the decompression plug retainer is missing, at least thats what I think it is, and the local dealer has ho idea what to order. Does anyone have a pic of what it should look like? Its the plug on the top left side of the head

1375163463809.jpg

1375163477166.jpg

• 3 years later...

If this thread is still being read...

I have a similar situation where i ordered a DRZ E head for my SM and now i have to make use of or plug that hole.  Why do you need the decompression shaft and bits? Can you just block the off? 

Also i have an issue with the following =>

where the SM has a tapped hole for the vacuum line but the E doesn't, should i drill it out myself ?

Thanks.

IMG_20170428_140818.jpg

IMG_20170428_140827.jpg

Edited by Mihai13

If this thread is still being read... I have a similar situation where i ordered a DRZ E head for my SM and now i have to make use of or plug that hole.  Why do you need the decompression shaft and bits? Can you just block the off?  Also i have an issue with the following => where the SM has a tapped hole for the vacuum line but the E doesn't, should i drill it out myself ?

Thanks.

IMG_20170428_140818.jpg.403a8a3695eebce9c2e40e64944ff8cf.jpg

IMG_20170428_140827.jpg.b2d70ac273201c4e2226950f9053a810.jpg

Is the picture blurry or is the cam journal screwed up? **Edit I assume that's the old unit? The hole you're showing isn't for the intake vacuum line, it's for the PAIR hose

You can eliminate that system

• Like 1

If you really don't want the E parts in there a simple plate with a short length of rod welded to it so as the plate is bolted to the outside the rod is going in through the seal and partially into the hole. It'll cap the area and seal off any oil leak . Without a good access to fab shop it would cost more though than just buying the E parts , however it would look cleaner if the decomp isn't used.

The E head has the compression release hole but never had a manual compression release.  The parts to block the hole are the E parts.  To add a compression release, the kick start only model parts are needed.

On 4/29/2017 at 10:37 AM, Noble said:

The E head has the compression release hole but never had a manual compression release.  The parts to block the hole are the E parts.  To add a compression release, the kick start only model parts are needed.

OEM parts used on an E without the decomp installed

26, 27, 28 from the first pic

4, 8, 9 from the second pic

If you make your own plug, dont forget to plug the hole in front that normally retains the factory plug or shaft

2037_2[1].gif

2037_10[1].gif

Thanks a lot guys, I will be blanking it off as i do not have or need a kick starter. 

I also had a question on the speedometer if you can help or if you can guide me to someone who can that would be amazeballs.

So it stopped working because of water ingress, i have cleaned it up (nicely) and have found that one of the cables was disconnected (i can fix that easily) but also seems to be something missing. i have highlighted the component, i think there was meant to be another one of those black chips, but i don't know .

Thanks again.

InkedDSCF9418_LI.jpg

InkedDSCF9412_LI.jpg