What did you do to your Yamaha YZ 2 stroke today?

YZX

1 hour ago, Motox367 said:

Been doing this long enough to see things just happen.  Looks like big end bearing took a shit id say is what started it anyway.  The 19' in post i just did the ring broke and hit port ruined cylinder.  Bike had 5hrs on it. Sometimes it just happens no matter what . Keep a spare top end around for them and others if need in pinch. Comes in handy its got a few threw the weekend . Have bearings and cranks too lol . 

Screenshot_20200501-094442_Photos.jpg

20200501_095916.jpg

I think you are right. Things happen. I keep a spare engine on hand so I can ride while YZDOC makes the broken engine like new again. ?

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

• TT Sponsor
2 hours ago, LSHD said:

Agreed. That is my standard summer jetting and is used by many of us here that have had squish done and NEXJ-series needles. 42 might be slightly lean, but if so, just barely.

Any chance that fuel didn't have oil in it? Everything looks very dry, at least in the pictures. Sorry man that stinks, at least you have a spare...DOC is a good man

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kinger317 said:

Any chance that fuel didn't have oil in it? Everything looks very dry, at least in the pictures. Sorry man that stinks, at least you have a spare...DOC is a good man

There is definitely a chance, but a very small chance. I have a pre-mix storage tank with PREMIX written HUGE on the side. Fuel never goes into the tank before oil. Dump in oil, then add fuel and mix. I fueled the bike with that fuel. Plenty of blue-gray smoke while I warmed up the bike, so pretty sure only premix is in there. Plus, the tank was half full already. I don't think it would seize with 60:1 premix either just warming up on the stand with that huge fan blowing on it.

Edited by LSHD
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Kinger317 said:

DOC is a good man. So glad he rebuilt my 2005 engine for me. Next to having a duplicate bike, it's the best I can do right now.

Edited by LSHD
  • Like 3
  • Helpful 1

It was such a nice day out today so I took my project outside. Got a little help from my kid ?? The dude loves bikes... and garbage trucks for some reason... but mostly bikes! 20200502_165433.thumb.jpg.000affea602523fcf44d30e1261a6cd2.jpg

20200502_165406.thumb.jpg.23cdd31514dd05fba1f6e56379366220.jpg

• Like 10

11 hours ago, foxtrot722 said:

Where is that trail located, looks nice

Near Macon, Georgia. It was, especially if you like tight and twisty. I must say it was nice to ride a trail that was mostly hard pack dirt with hardly any water. There’s been so much rain this spring that some places are still a mess of standing water.