What did you do to your Yamaha YZ 2 stroke today?

YZX

Made some decals for the airbox out of 3d carbonfoil. I'm waiting for some FX OEM look shroud and tank decals and want to keep it clean looking this time.

Anyone an idea if there are separate thick black decals available for the '15 up airbox?

Before and after:IMG_20181201_140158.jpeg.d591bfc4a6ebf48898f8051d8fb6954b.jpegIMG_20181201_140137.jpeg.acd43d888e99cb786a12e28a9f8669c6.jpegIMG_20181201_140125.jpeg.994457105ff2eb89d65db3c04be7ff68.jpeg

What brand / product of vinyl did you use? I have played around with using the stuff and have had mixed results. I found some stuff that seems to stay on my clutch cover but I have torn it up enough I need to replace it and I’m fresh out.

IMG_0817.JPG
  • Like 2

I bought it from AliExpress. Just searched back in the previous orders.

It's 5D carbon wrap, laid around from the first time I freshned up the airbox on my Cr250 2 years ago !

Btw, ive seen you had a spare sparkplug holder on the frame? I bought such a holder too, from Moose, but its to bulky and didn't fit.....what brand did you use?

Got a lighting system for my YZ (well, bought a bunch of pieces). Will install it on Monday. Not drawn is the handlebar switch. The NiCad acts like a capacitor to smooth the power a bit. Saw that Baja Designs recommended it to one of our members using a similar setup.

YZ-Lighting-System.jpg.8da5ab732be2faf50a1aa1cd0e66b96f.jpg

Edited by LSHD
  • Like 6

I bought it from AliExpress. Just searched back in the previous orders.

It's 5D carbon wrap, laid around from the first time I freshned up the airbox on my Cr250 2 years ago !

Btw, ive seen you had a spare sparkplug holder on the frame? I bought such a holder too, from Moose, but its to bulky and didn't fit.....what brand did you use?

This one...

https://www.motosport.com/bikemaster-spark-plug-protector

...worth noting is that to make it fit in the frame, it’s upside down (fatter end up) and I use a zip tie (reusable type, with some shrink wrap on it for grip) and a little velcro strap to hold the Acerbis frame guard that it sits behind. (The same setup worked before I had the frame guard.)

Got a lighting system for my YZ (well, bought a bunch of pieces). Will install it on Monday. Not drawn is the handlebar switch. The NiCad acts like a capacitor to smooth the power a bit. Saw that Baja Designs recommended it to one of our members using a similar setup.
YZ-Lighting-System.jpg.8da5ab732be2faf50a1aa1cd0e66b96f.jpg

Very interested. Hope to see your post and how it’s wired. I currently use a Tusk Helmet light, but would very much like one on the bike too.

Is this your build or posted anywhere else here on TT?

2 minutes ago, YZScott said:

Very interested. Hope to see your post and how it’s wired. I currently use a Tusk Helmet light, but would very much like one on the bike too.

Is this your build or posted anywhere else here on TT?

I'll do a build post when I put it all together and test it. Wiring diagram essentially this (relay turns on power only when bike is running), but I am also going to include a switch so I can turn off the light.

TRAILTECH-YZ250-WIRING-DIAGRAM-Lighting-System.thumb.gif.cfea92d568ad6c58afa77640806d3bca.gif

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LSHD said:

I'll do a build post when I put it all together and test it. Wiring diagram essentially this (relay turns on power only when bike is running), but I am also going to include a switch so I can turn off the light.

TRAILTECH-YZ250-WIRING-DIAGRAM-Lighting-System.thumb.gif.cfea92d568ad6c58afa77640806d3bca.gif

Look forward to the post. Yes the battery acts like an accumulator and smooths out DC ripple. Not sure if that's strictly necessary for led lights but it won't do any harm.  I didn't bother with an uprated stator, I just went with two bicycle light lithium batteries, wired in series, fixed to the cross member below the seat in the air box.  When I get back from the ride I just plug in the mains charger to recharge.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-4V-Battery-Pack-Black-Waterproof-LED-Light-6X-18650-For-Bicycle-Flashligh-Z3G3/183296607061?epid=1287376466&hash=item2aad544355:g:30kAAOSwi6RbNd4j

• Like 2

New Wiseco Top end for the 2004. Picked up some new Cycra Pro bends for $40 on OfferUp too.

IMG_8864.thumb.JPG.766c2e534fc26df1a0aa8871016b99f3.JPG

IMG_8867.thumb.JPG.f68c4f69af453d319bd2f1e548640671.JPG

IMG_9056.thumb.JPG.123447c21d2db7bba91ef57aece670ac.JPG
Dude no offense, but it seems like every time lately no one washes their bike before engine work. The engine should be spotless along with the rest of the bike. Pull the tank off, and get inside everything.
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Wise head to fifty said:

Look forward to the post. Yes the battery acts like an accumulator and smooths out DC ripple. Not sure if that's strictly necessary for led lights but it won't do any harm.  I didn't bother with an uprated stator, I just went with two bicycle light lithium batteries, wired in series, fixed to the cross member below the seat in the air box.  When I get back from the ride I just plug in the mains charger to recharge.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-4V-Battery-Pack-Black-Waterproof-LED-Light-6X-18650-For-Bicycle-Flashligh-Z3G3/183296607061?epid=1287376466&hash=item2aad544355:g:30kAAOSwi6RbNd4j

I didn't realize I got two light bars when I bought them on Amazon. Will probably use batteries with the 2nd light bar on my KX250F. 

• Like 2

Dude no offense, but it seems like every time lately no one washes their bike before engine work. The engine should be spotless along with the rest of the bike. Pull the tank off, and get inside everything.

Absolutely, I agree, but I did. I wasn’t going to go at it with a toothbrush and fine comb. Foam cannoned it, sprayed with air and cleaned the areas around the head with a brass wire brush. I did the best I could for what I needed to do. The clay up here stains and it looks muddier than it really is.

Not my first time on the Bull and I was eager to ride around my property. Just moved into my new house. If I had pictures of what it looked like before you’d see it wasn’t chunks of mud falling off anywhere. Totally agree though, but I had washed it off

IMG_8879.thumb.JPG.54f5905d0db3e20190c7ca2caa38132c.JPG

• Like 3

What does “foam cannoned” mean? What are you using?

It’s a soap gun that holds soap and water, but creates a thick shaving creme like foam when sprayed or adjust how you’d like the ratio of soap/water mixture for less foam.

“Amazon Foam cannon” that goes on the front of your pressure washer, with “Chemical guys mudder soap” Check it out, they’re like $15 and badass. Use it to wash everything from my Boats-trucks

1 hour ago, YZScott said:

It’s a soap gun that holds soap and water, but creates a thick shaving creme like foam when sprayed or adjust how you’d like the ratio of soap/water mixture for less foam.

“Amazon Foam cannon” that goes on the front of your pressure washer, with “Chemical guys mudder soap” Check it out, they’re like $15 and badass. Use it to wash everything from my Boats-trucks

That plus a power washer and your bike wash is complete in 2 mins. I used to love using it on my truck, so much faster!

Edited by HansLanda
  • Like 3

Absolutely, I agree, but I did. I wasn’t going to go at it with a toothbrush and fine comb. Foam cannoned it, sprayed with air and cleaned the areas around the head with a brass wire brush. I did the best I could for what I needed to do. The clay up here stains and it looks muddier than it really is.

Not my first time on the Bull and I was eager to ride around my property. Just moved into my new house. If I had pictures of what it looked like before you’d see it wasn’t chunks of mud falling off anywhere. Totally agree though, but I had washed it off

IMG_8879.thumb.JPG.54f5905d0db3e20190c7ca2caa38132c.JPG
That's a start, but maybe you need to move up to a little stronger soap, I use Mr Clean, and it works awesome. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, and wash away.
  • Like 1

Your right, the Service shop helper put that back on. I will correct it after my Transmission Rebuild.

Since your the Doc any suggestions on parts to replace. The Front Sprocket/Shaft has a hard point where the bearing catches inside the Transmission, my list of parts (below) that may need to be replace upon inspection.  

1. Bearings 3 qty.

2. All Clips

3. All Shifting Forks 3 qty.

4. Gasket (Water Tunnel)

5. Locking Mechanism

6. Snap Ring

7. External Bearing before the Clutch Basket goes on.

8. Gears, 3rd most likely, others ???????? 

• Like 1

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to What did you do to your Yamaha YZ 2 stroke today?
  • NoFiddyPilot pinned this topic