What did you do to your Yamaha YZ 2 stroke today?

YZX

A leaking crank seal perhaps. Any vertical play in either main bearing? Any other signs of a lean condition? Correct plug? Any strange symptoms while it was running?

Exactly what it was. Crank seals were dry rotted. Bike had been sitting for a little over 2 years. Got it fixed and running strong again. Went ahead and did a full rebuild, top and bottom since it was apart already.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

I wanted to intall a new ring in my 2016 yz 125 , and I knew I had a VHM piston in the bike, so I spoke to the guys over in the Netherlands about it...he asked which piston I had ....(I was like , I dunno, I bought the bike like this ?)  I sent him this pic when I looked at it last.

930E7D3E-3C93-48F3-931E-5DD53D83E919.thumb.jpeg.9915d6a416c5ca2bd6890de861e5c28b.jpeg

He says: “Ahhh you need the APR540.1 ring , but make sure you order this same piston at top end interval, the piston is specifically designed for the long rod crank you have in your bike.... [silence] ... you do have a long rod crank, right? “ 

i asked “umm, how would I know?”

He says “ is your deck height close to 0?”

i replied “ it’s exactly 0  from when I installed the MX insert for the VHM head”

He asks “does it run good ?, seems like you have a very special engine in this yz125”

hell ya, runs like a rocket ?!

i wish I knew where this bike came from cuz somebody spent a lot of money on the motor. Happy to have it tho ?

2182B003-EF16-4DFC-8E74-F7B769B353C0.thumb.jpeg.cd82defe919afadf8527065ae61407c8.jpeg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ss-racing said:

I wanted to intall a new ring in my 2016 yz 125 , and I knew I had a VHM piston in the bike, so I spoke to the guys over in the Netherlands about it...he asked which piston I had ....(I was like , I dunno, I bought the bike like this ?)  I sent him this pic when I looked at it last.

930E7D3E-3C93-48F3-931E-5DD53D83E919.thumb.jpeg.9915d6a416c5ca2bd6890de861e5c28b.jpeg

He says: “Ahhh you need the APR540.1 ring , but make sure you order this same piston at top end interval, the piston is specifically designed for the long rod crank you have in your bike.... [silence] ... you do have a long rod crank, right? “ 

i asked “umm, how would I know?”

He says “ is your deck height close to 0?”

i replied “ it’s exactly 0  from when I installed the MX insert for the VHM head”

He asks “does it run good ?, seems like you have a very special engine in this yz125”

hell ya, runs like a rocket ?!

i wish I knew where this bike came from cuz somebody spent a lot of money on the motor. Happy to have it tho ?

2182B003-EF16-4DFC-8E74-F7B769B353C0.thumb.jpeg.cd82defe919afadf8527065ae61407c8.jpeg

Its a ripper i wanna ride it ? dont worry you can ride mine it will suprise you im sure ?

Edited by Motox367

22 minutes ago, ss-racing said:

Your suspension is too stiff for me Big Guy  :bonk:     LOL

You can ride the 125 tho if you ever come visit.

Ya i was just gunna say be rough ride i bet lol . Had 05 125 for few years loved that thing 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Motox367 said:

04 action.  Still little rusty not in great shape 

Nice man! What does the "L9E" on your visor stand for?

? I've been working on my seriously unfunny jokes. How am I doing?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jace Perez said:

.IMG_1832.JPG

Added some fresh numbers for the steed.

When I first started racing, THEY told you what number you had to have on your bike for the event. (Different every time)  What a pain in the azz.  You better have a roll of electrical tape ready.  Only later could you choose a number and buy some decent numbers.  The good old days!

Edited by motoxvet
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 2 STROKE YZ DOC said:

"IF" I was to ride a track, that is what I would ride. Looks like fun and empty.

There was alot more earlier in day but ya its nice track river topsoil no rocks. Tires last long time there ?

1 hour ago, Jace Perez said:

Haha sorry man emoji23.pngjust picked last digits of my AMA ID number but yea number has a nice sound to it.

No worries looks sweet ???? When i started racing back in 90s they gave me a list of numbers.  367 sounded good so thats what i picked a d had ever since.  Although ive only raced 3 times in last 4 years lol . Hopefully it treats you as good as did me

Edited by Motox367
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to What did you do to your Yamaha YZ 2 stroke today?
  • NoFiddyPilot pinned this topic