Michigan roll call

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2017 at 9:13 PM, pklein1390 said:

I'm in Mount Pleasant, and I'm not familiar with trails up here at all. Just getting back into dirt riding after 11 years off, and doing it with a 2017 ktm 150 xcw. Anyone up here willing to rip with a 27 year old noob?

IMO you should head up to Leota sometime. It isn't far from you at all (Harrison area). Fun trail. It has some sand, but they all do. It does have a good deal of more topsoil type soil though as well. St. Helen is another trail a bit further around West Branch. That is quite sandy from what I understand. If you want to try MX, valley mx is close to you and a pretty good track. 

IMO you should head up to Leota sometime. It isn't far from you at all (Harrison area). Fun trail. It has some sand, but they all do. It does have a good deal of more topsoil type soil though as well. St. Helen is another trail a bit further around West Branch. That is quite sandy from what I understand. If you want to try MX, valley mx is close to you and a pretty good track. 

Thanks for the tips I'll have to head out sometime, right now I'm recovering from retinal detachment surgery and can't do shit! Of course this happens in the summer

1 hour ago, THUMPERRRR said:

ENJOY!!!?

Lol. It is true tho, if you hit those in 4th/5th (im on a 250f) you can float them pretty good and its actually not bad. I mean when I had my suspension done I actually had it kept more MX friendly just for this reason. I can deal with a lil skip/hop over logs/rocks/roots to have the stability I have in high speed sand whoops. Nothing more comforting then hitting them that fast and really never feeling like my bike is checking out on me side to side haha.

• 2 weeks later...

We rode North of Lake City on some motorcycle only trails.  Had a great time till I got a flat tire.  Ran to Hackers in Houghton Lake.  THey had an 18in tube in stock but no 18in rear tires?  So that ended our weekend.  Going back up again this weekend unless we go to the boat drag races.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...