OK< everyone on this site buy a 2018-2019 RMZ450 lets get things back on track.

Sacramento,, 5,900 Bucks for a 2018....

Edited by KableXL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK  
Sacramento,, 5,900 Bucks for a 2018....
Too much

The only bad thing is even if you get a decent deal on an RMZ, you get killed on resale. At least with a Honda, Yam or KTM/Husky they seem to still pull decent $ when you go to sell a couple years later. Just something to keep in mind. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ah665 said:

The only bad thing is even if you get a decent deal on an RMZ, you get killed on resale. At least with a Honda, Yam or KTM/Husky they seem to still pull decent $ when you go to sell a couple years later. Just something to keep in mind. 

Today's RMZ is like the today's TV. They are throw aways 

When it breaks you buy a new one 

• Like 2

Yep

I have never seen a bike get old as quickly as the Zuk. Everything wears fast.

If you are not hard on a bike its OK, but if your fast or just a slammer it will disintegrate.

19 minutes ago, indy rider said:

Man that's cheap. It's going to have every fee possible tacked on.

Site lists to add $400 to a cash sale, they have an 18 KX450 as well for the same price. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Arctic Pride said:

Site lists to add $400 to a cash sale, they have an 18 KX450 as well for the same price. 

So they want you to finance and penalize you for cash?  Eff 'em.  I went to a Ford dealership back in '03 and the salesman would not get down to an out the door price on an Explorer.  I told him I'm paying cash and he said, "Well, we don't really do it that way, we quote monthly payments".  Said laters and bought from someone who could actually be somewhat honest.

*** But, the best thing to do it offer the lower price and tell them it will be cash or no deal and leave your number and walk away.  They always call back.

Edited by OUTERLIMITS
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

So they want you to finance and penalize you for cash?  Eff 'em.  I went to a Ford dealership back in '03 and the salesman would not get down to an out the door price on an Explorer.  I told him I'm paying cash and he said, "Well, we don't really do it that way, we quote monthly payments".  Said laters and bought from someone who could actually be somewhat honest.

*** But, the best thing to do it offer the lower price and tell them it will be cash or no deal and leave your number and walk away.  They always call back.

Dealers don't care about people like you. You're the vast minority that pay cash. They make more money walking you b/c a more profitable consumer is right behind you. Doesn't make you a bad customer, just how dealers seem to work. We're a debt driven society and the vast maj just care if they can currently make the monthly. It will catch up w/ us again just like it did in 2008.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

1 minute ago, Bryan Bosch said:

Dealers don't care about people like you. You're the vast minority that pay cash. They make more money walking you b/c a more profitable consumer is right behind you. Doesn't make you a bad customer, just how dealers seem to work. We're a debt driven society and the vast maj just care if they can currently make the monthly. It will catch up w/ us again just like it did in 2008.

Yeah, I get it, but also know that those guys also want to make the sale.  Especially on an RMZ, unfortunately there isn't always another customer right behind me, at least very close behind.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ah665 said:

Bought a 12 Rmz450 on Saturday. Guy never rode it. Like 25 hours and bone stock. Paid little for it. Since I’m slow I get the feeling it’s gonna last just fine. Fun bike! 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

So they want you to finance and penalize you for cash? 

They are a big dealer and are definitely using the ole bait and switch to a degree. 4k seems like it might be pretty close to their actual dealer cost and are just looking to get it off the floor before it depreciates any more. In house financing will let them make a buck on you, bet they won't let you put that bike on a personal CC either because they'll get dinged on the processing fee.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arctic Pride said:

They are a big dealer and are definitely using the ole bait and switch to a degree. 4k seems like it might be pretty close to their actual dealer cost and are just looking to get it off the floor before it depreciates any more. In house financing will let them make a buck on you, bet they won't let you put that bike on a personal CC either because they'll get dinged on the processing fee.

So finance it and pay it off 60 days later unless there’s a early payoff penalty? Typically not. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arctic Pride said:

Very true, even car dealers don't want you to put more than a few thousand on a credit card due to the fee they pay.

8 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

So finance it and pay it off 60 days later unless there’s a early payoff penalty? Typically not. 

In house financing is usually riddled with fine print and high interest similar to in house brand credit cards (Home depot, GAP e/t/c)

2 minutes ago, Arctic Pride said:

In house financing is usually riddled with fine print and high interest similar to in house brand credit cards (Home depot, GAP e/t/c)

Ask to see the loan terms before signing. Break out the readers man. 

1 minute ago, shrubitup said:

Ask to see the loan terms before signing. Break out the readers man. 

Reading takes time away from twisting that sweet new throttle. Get the customer juiced on the new toy, get them to sign, get em out the door!

• Helpful 1