33 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Bought a 12 Rmz450 on Saturday. Guy never rode it. Like 25 hours and bone stock. Paid little for it. Since I’m slow I get the feeling it’s gonna last just fine. Fun bike! 

Well it is a good thing if you can capitalize from someone else taking a hit. I still like those bikes, just saying that they don't seem to hold their value like other brands. In your case, that is not a bad buy.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

Yeah, I get it, but also know that those guys also want to make the sale.  Especially on an RMZ, unfortunately there isn't always another customer right behind me, at least very close behind.

True. But, everything will sell if you go low enough. Just depends upon the dealer's financial strength and how long they can fish before they have to drop their drawers. 

• Like 2

True. But, everything will sell if you go low enough. Just depends upon the dealer's financial strength and how long they can fish before they have to drop their drawers. 
It's not fun selling an rmz ,in fact it's stressful

19 minutes ago, mog said:
35 minutes ago, Bryan Bosch said:

It's not fun selling an rmz ,in fact it's stressful

Selling any used bike is stressful. Ktm is the worst cuz you got the whole town coming over in 15 minutes. Last Ktm buyer bribed me to let him have it ahead of others who were pretty clear they were no shows. Few bottles of booze and he went to front of line. :busted: I had to drink away the stress! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Lol rmz stress is the phone never ringing

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Sort of the case with any mx bike really 

not my experience

the Yamahas wear better

Edited by lowmass
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, lowmass said:

not my experience

the Yamahas wear better

Honda’s use to wear the best. I’ve only noticed plastics and graphics wear fast on my RMZ, the motor has been dead nuts reliable🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

8 minutes ago, lowmass said:

not my experience

the Yamahas wear better

Only paid $2200. Hopefully I can unload it in a few years for $1000 or more. $1200 loss over three years is pretty standard on any used bike sale. 

Suzuki requires strategy. :prof:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

yea my older Hondas did last, my 07 and 08 got old very fast. Honda started to cheap out at some point and the issues  with intake valves was unforgivable

yet I have friends whos suzukis and hondas lasted just fine. They all weigh less than 150lbs and ride novice

If I were them I wouldnt be afraid to buy the Zook

1 hour ago, DesertCR said:

Honda’s use to wear the best. I’ve only noticed plastics and graphics wear fast on my RMZ, the motor has been dead nuts reliable🤷‍♂️

And plastics are pretty cheap for mx bikes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lowmass said:

the Yamahas wear better

They turn like shit but do this well

07E4C384-6EAD-435F-B280-CA5E293D7C09.gif

Edited by MotorBoatin
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, mog said:

Lol rmz stress is the phone never ringing

They always want to know how many hours like the seller couldnt make that up...

I think the key words they want to hear are:

low hours, vet maintained, never raced 

• Like 3

Today's RMZ is like the today's TV. They are throw aways 

When it breaks you buy a new one 
Worst post of the day. My bike is amazing. I freak out how awesome it is. Suspension is dialed.
  • Like 1

RM's last as long as any other bike, 6000 bucks for a 450 with 55HP, you fools can't ride that bike all out anyways,, best bang for the buck you can get.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, slowgs2001 said:

Worst post of the day. My bike is amazing. I freak out how awesome it is. Suspension is dialed.

And turns like no other bike

• Like 2

Friend bought 2 rmz250's pretty cheap. Modded them for offroad.  Been bought and sold around group of friends, still running good as far as I know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Creature said:

That means wasnt broken in properly, timing chain lose from excessive throttle chopping and filters never touched😄

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, The Creature said:

good question to ask the long term Rmz450 owner is how many oil filtration devices do they check, how many drain points exist? 
likely part of the reason towards better motor longevity. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KableXL said:

RM's last as long as any other bike, 6000 bucks for a 450 with 55HP, you fools can't ride that bike all out anyways,, best bang for the buck you can get.

A guy on my street bought 2 of them. He let me take his first one out for a few hours a couple of years ago. They are excellent bikes for the money.

I own mostly Yam and Hondas and I have a new KTM. Those Zooks are as good as my bikes. It is mostly about features and some of the tech.

If dirt riding regains some of its lost popularity I think Zook will do ok. A least in the US dirtbikes are toys for the working and lower middle classes not everyone can afford a high priced yuppie KTM. And Zook can fill that niche if they don't drop out of the dirtbike business all together.

• Like 4

Yep
I have never seen a bike get old as quickly as the Zuk. Everything wears fast.
If you are not hard on a bike its OK, but if your fast or just a slammer it will disintegrate.

Can't tell you how many times I have heard this, never found it to be true though.

My old 03, rode for 12 years, over 10k miles, went through the lower end twice. Only issue, a clogged pilot jet. No stripped bolts, nuts, nothing. Every bit as reliable and trustworthy as any of the Hondas, Yamahas, or Kaws that I have owned.
received_763394534121165.jpeg
  • Like 5