Best tire for 125 two stroke?

Currently favoring the d952 rear and mx51 front combo, would like to here peoples input on what you think the best combo would be for a 125 smoker. I usually race on soft to intermediate dirt.

My son uses the Bridgestone m404 rear and m403 front.  Races in soft sand on MD's Eastern Shore to hard pack at Budds Creek.  Hook up great all over. 

• Like 1

here in michigan i've fallen in love with the michelin starcross tire. Its got huge knobbies and hooks up great in the sand and all the other terrain here in michigan. I suspect it might slightly rob some power, but for an exchange of great traction

• Like 1

Oh I forgot about front tire. My guy at the shop had a kenda milville tire and I figured I'd test something new and do him the favor of taking it off his hands. I couldn't be happier! I'm sure i'm slightly bias because the original front tire was just that...the original, and washed out easy. This tire seems to be wearing slowly and I love how planted the front end feels!

here in michigan i've fallen in love with the michelin starcross tire. Its got huge knobbies and hooks up great in the sand and all the other terrain here in michigan. I suspect it might slightly rob some power, but for an exchange of great traction

I disagree...although straight line traction is great, I find this tire very hard to navigate through ruts or lean over.

I vote for the S12 Michelin or Perelli MX-tra soft

My son uses the Bridgestone m404 rear and m403 front.  Races in soft sand on MD's Eastern Shore to hard pack at Budds Creek.  Hook up great all over. 

Those Bridgestones are about the best combo for all around conditions...  Here in WA we have a pretty wide range from Sandy to clay to hardpacked base with dust on top.

I'm running a michelin M12XC front and Dunlop MX51 rear with good results on my 125.  Dunlop gave me a tire certificate yesterday so I think I'll get another rear MX51.

Oh I forgot about front tire. My guy at the shop had a kenda milville tire and I figured I'd test something new and do him the favor of taking it off his hands. I couldn't be happier! I'm sure i'm slightly bias because the original front tire was just that...the original, and washed out easy. This tire seems to be wearing slowly and I love how planted the front end feel

My son actually did use the Kenda Millville on his previous yz125 when he was in the C class.  He loved the feel of it, but as he got faster and more aggressive, the rear tire did not last long. 

Edited by peski111