Recently getting back into dirt biking, Moreno Valley CA

My name is Ryan, I have lived in the MoVal/Riverside area for about 3 years but I have not owned a dirt bike here until now. I'm in need of places to ride and people to ride with. I just bought a KTM 350 EXC-F and looking to do some enduro/adventure type riding. I have  done a lot of Mt. Biking in this area but I'm unfimiliar with any dirt bike trails. Hoping to find some people to ride with and some trails in the area.

My new ride.

1150982_10201801745785557_1844210017_n.j

The last time I rode in the dirt, back in 2010 in FL, on my old WR250X

IMG_9642.png

IMG_9629.png

Nice bike Ry, you did what most would rather do, get a DS. I too live in Riverside County and there is little to no riding unless you have a plate. the ski is the limit with a Cal Plate, BUT, keep in mind it's still sporatic. Some good trails are the ones not spoken about. get on the threads and keep an eye out. befriend some of these old dogs and get yourself innvited on some rides. this is how you get to see some good ride area's. Also, keeep it on the downlow, as soon as the popo hears about the ride area's they're quick to set up Cops on Dual Sport bikes and shut you down. Have fun, Cal is an awesome place to ride all year round. look for rides in Silverwood Lake, Arrowhead Lake and Big Bear. these are prolly the 2nd best (to Kennedy Meadows) in So Cal. and totally legal with a plate.

• Like 2

Nice bike Ry, you did what most would rather do, get a DS. I too live in Riverside County and there is little to no riding unless you have a plate. the ski is the limit with a Cal Plate, BUT, keep in mind it's still sporatic. Some good trails are the ones not spoken about. get on the threads and keep an eye out. befriend some of these old dogs and get yourself innvited on some rides. this is how you get to see some good ride area's. Also, keeep it on the downlow, as soon as the popo hears about the ride area's they're quick to set up Cops on Dual Sport bikes and shut you down. Have fun, Cal is an awesome place to ride all year round. look for rides in Silverwood Lake, Arrowhead Lake and Big Bear. these are prolly the 2nd best (to Kennedy Meadows) in So Cal. and totally legal with a plate.

Cool, thanks for the advice man. You ever hear of cops checking your emission stuff on dual sports? Reason I asked is because I recently took all that crap off my bike to stop the popping nosie on deceleration.

Cool, thanks for the advice man. You ever hear of cops checking your emission stuff on dual sports? Reason I asked is because I recently took all that crap off my bike to stop the popping nosie on deceleration.

well, Cops not really much. But have heard/read stories of local Rangers doing that.

Have fun, Cal is an awesome place to ride all year round. look for rides in Silverwood Lake, Arrowhead Lake and Big Bear. these are prolly the 2nd best (to Kennedy Meadows) in So Cal. and totally legal with a plate.

If you wanna check out some good desert riding, go to El Mirage or even better Lucerne Valley.  No trees, but you'll find about every bit of dustbowl riding terrain you can imagine in the dez.  Lots of fun.

In the odd chance that I ever move back to Cali (convincing my TX born wife would be an act of God), I would get a dual sport and strip it down to bare minimum legal requirements.  Probably buy a 450 KTM.  Since TX has no dual sport, I have a 300 KTM.  Enjoy the riding out there, I know exactly what I'm missing!!

If you wanna check out some good desert riding, go to El Mirage or even better Lucerne Valley. No trees, but you'll find about every bit of dustbowl riding terrain you can imagine in the dez. Lots of fun.

In the odd chance that I ever move back to Cali (convincing my TX born wife would be an act of God), I would get a dual sport and strip it down to bare minimum legal requirements. Probably buy a 450 KTM. Since TX has no dual sport, I have a 300 KTM. Enjoy the riding out there, I know exactly what I'm missing!!

Thanks! I will check those places out.

dont waste time with el mirage....small and they charge $15 to ride that crap now.

Johnson Valley is where its at for legal open area riding.

If I had a dual sport though I would head towards any dirt you see by your house and explore......lots of nice hills backed up against Moreno Valley to the east....

• Like 1

Who sold LOP the combo to the CA forum door recently.  It's weird listening to someone in TX repeatedly telling me were to go riding in my own back yard.  I know you be lonely out there in the great dust bowl man...  but stand up to that woman... pull your balls out of her purse and move back or something already... unless her daddy is paying the rent, lay down some LAW Texican !    

just sayin'. ?