Fitting Keihin Dual Carbs to 85 TT600

Hi, I'm currently restoring an 85 TT600 and was wondering if anyone has ever fitted the Keihin CR dual carb set up to one of these bikes. I've already purchased the carbs from Power Barn and I was originally told that they'd fit straight on. However this isn't exactly true as apparently they won't mate with the stock airbox. Before I go and re-invent the wheel I thought I'd ask to see if anyone could give me some info on the subject. Also by comparing the original carbs to the Keihin I've found that the Keihin are HUGE. I hope I haven't been duped as they cost me over $500.00!!! 

If it were me I would return the carbs. You were told bad info and taken for 500.00.

If it were me I would return the carbs. You were told bad info and taken for 500.00.

Ok thanks but I have seen photos of these carbs on a TTR600 so I assumed they would fit with some modifying of the airbox

Have you got any info to back that statement up?

I have read people have had success with Yamaha Raptor 600 carbs, but never CR. I hope you get your money back because that not only sounds like a bad fit, but also expensive.

hey silverfox-does yr 600 have the oil in frame and oil cooler.....just got an 85 XT6(slow n heavy pig) but its got separate oil tank up by the rear guard on left and small oil cooler just up from gearstick.....im looking at getting things sorted how id prefer=oil in frame with cooler infront of headstock,like on XR400's.....Id say if yr after more power yr better off getting an XR650...Im sure even the XR 600 has more go stock,sure is lighter!

I saw one picture once of the CR's on the TT600. They removed the stock airbox and used some pod filters though.

I too would return them.

hey silverfox-does yr 600 have the oil in frame and oil cooler.....just got an 85 XT6(slow n heavy pig) but its got separate oil tank up by the rear guard on left and small oil cooler just up from gearstick.....im looking at getting things sorted how id prefer=oil in frame with cooler infront of headstock,like on XR400's.....Id say if yr after more power yr better off getting an XR650...Im sure even the XR 600 has more go stock,sure is lighter!

I've had this bike for over 20 years so it's a sentimental thing really. The bike was absolutely clapped out and the carbys were old and worn and dirty so I decided to go for brand new carbs to save on farting around. I fitted the keihin's last night and I'm really happy with them. They do bolt straight on but an adapter needs to be made so the tubes to the airbox mate with the carburettors.

And yes the bike is super heavy but bloody good fun!