Sign in to follow this  

Anyone wear knee guards? NOT knee braces

I've tried multiple companies of knee braces and just could get used to any if them, I've been looking at knee guards now, I was just wondering if any track guys run knee guards or if they're more for just puttin on the trails

I wear the fox Titan knee/shin guards. I'm more of a trail guy but they feel good and definitely help.

Those were the ones I'm looking at they have a lot of good reviews and they're at Rocky Mountain mc for only $20 but I just don't know if they'd get in the way on a track or move around due to how the rider moves on the bike a lot more

I wear AlpineStar knee/shin guards, easy to fit using velcro straps, and they fit under my riding pants and inside  boots. 

I wear the fox knee guards for trail and track. I think they may be more useful on on the track because a hard pack turns are where I will most likely fall trying to push for a little more speed. I fine I don't push as hard trail riding, just try to get a good pace going. It's cheap insurance for your knees.

I love my Fox titan pro's. Fox titan sport's suck.

I do. I have some older thor ones. (I run track only). Its good to have them on. One race that I didn't wear them I got a rock to the knee and it actually ended my moto (I didn't pull off, just went really slow). It's worth it. The one time you get hit is the one time you wish you would of had them on.

I rock the 661 Kyle straight knee pads

LOVe tham. Fit above my boot great never bunch up

• Like 1

Thor Force Knee guard has helped keep my knees problem free.

This.

I've bent aluminum panels on my sled with my knee... Came out with a sore knee, but considering the damage to my sled I'm glad that was the extent of it.  No doubt it would have powdered my kneecap if I wasn't wearing gear.

My Leatt 3DF knee guards are pretty awesome. Fit good no restriction comfy but I haven't had any real hard get offs with them yet but I use their 3DF elbow guards for a while now and I like there stuff I would recommend it highly

My Leatt 3DF knee guards are pretty awesome. Fit good no restriction comfy but I haven't had any real hard get offs with them yet but I use their 3DF elbow guards for a while now and I like there stuff I would recommend it highly

I don't know about that stuff yet.  I saw where a guy went down in one of those 'adventure' jackets that had the 3D0 stuff in it, and it didn't seem to do well with abrasion from the road.  The guy was alright, so I suppose that might mean something, but it looked to me like the material scraped away rather quickly.  Any more time sliding and it wouldn't be there :excuseme:

I'm not familiar with those, or the other Leatt knee offering....do those have a plastic slide cup?

I don't know about that stuff yet. I saw where a guy went down in one of those 'adventure' jackets that had the 3D0 stuff in it, and it didn't seem to do well with abrasion from the road. The guy was alright, so I suppose that might mean something, but it looked to me like the material scraped away rather quickly. Any more time sliding and it wouldn't be there :excuseme:

I'm not familiar with those, or the other Leatt knee offering....do those have a plastic slide cup?

No no hard plastic or knee cup. And ya for sliding down pavement they wouldn't be my choice either but I don't think they are intended or advertised for that. I wear mine on my dirt bike only. I've been wearing hard plastic guards for years and these are much more comfy and appear to have adequate protection

• Like 1

Oh and yes they go offer a traditional hard plastic guard along with the 3DF stuff

I prefer my Thor Force knee 'fake' brace for my all day/night/weekend rides/races....but just for taking off in the morning to go fishin or animal sighting I have a pair of EVS SC05 Pastrana guards I like to wear. They aren't as bulky, but they aren't the same protection level either.  Cheaper too :thumbsup: