Sg-10's or others?

Hey guys, so im in the market for a new pair of boots, I currently own Thor Ratchets, amazing buckle system just poor comfort. So I have my eyes set on a pair of SG-10's, what are your opinions on this boot or do you have any recommendation for other boots? Thanks

Hey guys, so im in the market for a new pair of boots, I currently own Thor Ratchets, amazing buckle system just poor comfort. So I have my eyes set on a pair of SG-10's, what are your opinions on this boot or do you have any recommendation for other boots? Thanks

I have the SG's and I love them, this is my first pair and I will continue to buy them, the buckles always stay put and they are easy to get on an off and provide awesome protection..... Highly Recommend 

Those are nice boots. I was between those and the SIDI crossfires when i bought boots. I got the crossfires with no regrets. Cant go wrong either way 

I was going to buy the Ratchet boots, until I tried them on...blah, the fitting on those is so bad, I couldn't get my foot inside the boot w/o going 3 (YES THREE) sized to big! So I bought SG 10's...AMAZING boots, you will not be disappointed at all! Make sure you treat the leather with a boot sealer to keep them in tip top shape.

I used UK sizing to determine my boot size (you can get measured at a ski shop) and they fit PERFECTLY!

After a tip on TT about the SG10 and lots of research we went with the SG10. Out of all the reviews and testimonials I read, the only complaint I found was a lost a hinge bolt. It doesn't seem common. The rest were very positive for support, comfort, feel for controls and longevity. We've run them through a couple practices and races. Best boot we've ever owned. Size 10 fit perfect for a size 10 foot.

The Gaerne SGs (10 & 12 ) seem to be the boot to have. I have the 12s and they are pure awesome. They are very comfortable, feel broke in right from the start, and seem to be very durable. I had the tech 3s before that and they were terrible to get off at the end of the day, I used to have to use a screw driver to get the buckles undone. The sg12s are a dream. Its like a cadillac for your feet ;)

These seem to be all super positive, just one more question. I am a US 10 so you would say size 10 in the SG-10?

Cheapest place i've found SG-10's is at bobscycle.com  - Also, i typically wear a US 12 in shoes and found that a Gaerne US 12, is more like a 12.5. 

This makes sense as my road bicycling shoes are EU 46, and a Gaerne US 12 is an EU 47... their US 11.5 is an EU 46.

What i'm trying to say, is go a half size smaller if it's available, or find your EU size and compare.

I have worn SG10s for the past 2 years and love them.  My only complaint is that compared to my old AStars Tech 7s they are really heavy.  I deal with the weight though because of the added protection.

I wear a 11 in shoes and a 11 in boots, the sizing seems pretty close. Great boots though, lots of protection but they're still very comfortable and well made.

I have the sg 10's and they are good boots. My only complaint is that they arent stiff enough in the ankle because of the hinge. I wear lace up ankle braces inside the boot which is a little bit less comfortable, but a lot more stable.

+1 on the sg 10's and 12's....i was an a-star guy for years but i kept hearing all the rave about gaerne....and i wasnt very happy about a 500 dollar boot lasting 1 year so i decided to try out gaerne....i'll never go back..... 10-12's are best boot for the price...great fit and a true fit....i wear 10 work boot so i bought a 10 riding boot and it holds true....got 1.5 years on my gaerne's and they will get me well into next year.

sg10 all the way.

I also have SG10's. 3 years on them and they are just now starting to get beat up. I usually wear a 9.5 or 10 shoe. but ended up with a size 9 with the SG10, snug but good fit. However I needed a size 10 when trying on Alpinestars. Sounds like most people say they run true to size but I found they ran a tad big in my case.

I have sg10s now I had sidi boots for about 5 yrs Im happy with the upgrade