CR80R Powerbands

Hi guys a newbie to this site i heard about this awesome piece of kit ''Powerbands" or "power valves" does anyone know where i can get some as i cannot find any online for sale, also how do you install them..

thanks in advance

Are you trolling, or for real? For real I can inform you, if you're just messing with people gtfo

1 theres no such physical thing as a powerband, it's a term used to describe where in the rpm range useable power is.
2 the cr80's are a powervalve less motor, they have no powervalves, thats probably why you cant find them...
oh and welcome to the site spend some time reading and you'll learn a whole hell of a lot. :thumbsup:

There probably aren't any questions that haven't been asked, so using the search function will take you a long way on your quest for knowledge about your bike and any other bike out there.  And, welcome!   :ride:

I prefer the purple powerbands,  Rip the arms right out of your sockets :ride:

Ok thanks for the sarcasm I guess? Im asking a general question

Ok thanks for the sarcasm I guess? Im asking a general question

You must have been watching some goon riding on YouTube?

No my friend has a CR80 aswell and he has them so ive been told only thing I do notice is his engine seems to sound much more nicer than mine even though its the same year it seems to have a "boost" effect

No my friend has a CR80 aswell and he has them so ive been told only thing I do notice is his engine seems to sound much more nicer than mine even though its the same year it seems to have a "boost" effect

Well I think your friend is pulling your leg maybe he has carbon fibre reeds and a different pipe might make his sound nicer and have a little more power.

Makes sense, so basically there aren't such things as power bands or power valves for the cr80?

Makes sense, so basically there aren't such things as power bands or power valves for the cr80?

There's no psychical powerband in any bike it's just a word to describe where the power is usable like someone already said and no your bike doesn't have a power valve

No, all bikes have "power bands" per say, its not an object, its when you feel the power of your bike kick in, aka it gets on the pipe, and a powervalve is a valve on the exhaust that opens as the rpms get higher to allow more exhaust gas out, I think that's a good general description haha, but yes, your cr has a "powerband" but no powervalve

Great ok thank you makes much more sense now, are there any ways of upgrading them? Or renewing them

Troll is trying too hard.

Sorry just realised what you wrote about them not being an object, ive seen and read things that a powerband is pretty self explanatory it's a rubber band apparently the brighter the colour the more power you get is this a myth?

Wth is troll & trolling

Sorry just realised what you wrote about them not being an object, ive seen and read things that a powerband is pretty self explanatory it's a rubber band apparently the brighter the colour the more power you get is this a myth?

ok, now I KNOW you are trolling.  Not even a 12 year old kid would believe that a rubber band with different colors would change the power delivery of a motorcycle.

This reminds me of a thread over at vital about some guy named Trevor Pastrami

Well obviously not im not a fool I was just curios to know, if you aint got something constructive to say FO

LOL