Kickstarter eating the frame XR650R

Hi guys i can not find here the problem, everything seems to be ok but the kickstarter is too close to the frame so every kickstart is eating the frame, but the ks is not bent. can you give any advice?

here i attached the pictures

Best

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 15.15.31.png

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 15.21.55.png

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 15.23.21.png

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 15.23.40.png

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 15.24.20.png

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 15.24.49.png

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 15.25.07.png

Could there be a spacer missing on the shaft? 

I think the lever is bent. Why Honda used an aluminum lever is not clear. The 650 is over weight and an aluminum lever

will not correct that.

The same thing was happening on my buddies crf250 when he first bought it. I thought that the retaining ball in the kickstart was worn down, turns out it wasn't even in there. Bought a new one and put it in and the problem was solved. I'm not sure if your kickstart pivots near the shaft, or near the head of the kickstart itself, but if it pivots near the shaft this could be your problem.

Geez, I just had a look at mine.

I took a tape measure with me thinking I had at least 10mm clearance. Didn't bother measuring, I only have a couple of mm clearance. it wouldn't take much of a bend in your kick starter to be chewing out the frame. Can you borrow another kick starter from someone to try out on yours?

My advice is get a grinder out and whack a small amount of the back of the lever..DIY strikes..

my bike has works connection frame guards and the kick start has rubbed down the guard a little bit, but the guard is a couple mm apart from the frame.... i say its bent just a hair, thats all it will take to rub the frame. or its worn out...  if you dont want to buy a new one, do what horri said, grind the kickstart  where it hits...

Hi guys im going to check out the retaining ball and for the mean time i will grind the KS but i want to have an eye on the joint to see if it is bent? i know i should open the lever before unscrewing.

Is there any tip for removing the Kickstarter by myself?

Wear in the pivot will do this on this bike. Mine is starting to touch this year. Check the play with it out. Then grind it if your brave or get a complete new kicker.