Sign in to follow this  

pulls right?

Just bought an '03. first bike in 20 years.  When i'm riding on the road it feels like it wants to steer right.  Very light grip at low speed definitely goes right.  it looks like everything is straight in the front I loosened the triples and made everything as straight as possibly by feel and eye, but still goes right.... any thoughts?

Check the alignment of the rear wheel, look straight down the chain to see if it is straight

• Like 1

Check the alignment of the rear wheel, look straight down the chain to see if it is straight

I agree. Measure from center of axle to center of swingarm bolt on both sides to be sure its the same on both sides. Don't trust the snail adjusters.

If everything checks out ok, try riding down the left side of the road to see if it pulls left. Some tires are very sensitive to the crown in the road.

That did it!  The rear was out of alignment almost an 1/8"  the adjusters were locked at the same place on both sides, never trust 'em.

Thanks a bunch, a wealth of knowledge.

Now that you have measured it, take note of how far off each adjuster is, that way you won't have to measure it the next time you take the tire off.