Sign in to follow this  

Desperately in need of dr650 help

So I am new to this site but hopefully you guys can give me a huge hand I have a 1990 dr 650 with a super trapp exhaust and a k&n filter no air box, other than that its factory. Now the bike will not idle but if throttle is held around 3000 rpm it runs fine I can ride the bike and as long as you don't throttle down it runs great. I did learn on my own if I hold the slide inside the carb up the bike idles fine but can not get this to operate on its own I have checked the diaphragm in the carb and all jets and seals with no luck. I was told it could possibly be valves ? Any help with be great fully appreciated thanks

Buy a brand new pilot jet.

Inspect and adjust the fuel screw for a perfect idle AFTER you instal a NEW pilot.

Be aware that a pod filter will often cause running issues because a pod does not direct the air flow properly into the carb.

I bought the bike with the pod filter and I want to reinstall the factory air box but I have to find one. I also did change both jets back to the factory sizes and same prob no better or worse ?

I bought the bike with the pod filter and I want to reinstall the factory air box but I have to find one. I also did change both jets back to the factory sizes and same prob no better or worse ?

It's probably not going to run with stock jetting an no airbox. You're gonna need that.

I have the a 155 jet in their now I was just saying one of the first things I tried was the jets and after swapping them the bikes issue did not change.