Best bar mirrors

I am interested in switching from the "antenna" mirrors (like the stock ones) to something more low profile, like a single mirror mounted low on the bars, or ones mounted to the handguards.

Please leave suggestions with links to where to buy. Thanks!

Something like this ??

DSC00862_zps142b2648.jpg

Yup exactly

So... what is it called and where do i get it?

Something like this ??

DSC00862_zps142b2648.jpg

So... what is it called and where do i get it?

I am running these guys and they keep the bike legal, but can't see more than about 50 feet behind you.  https://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/product/powermadd-handguard-mirrors/111

They are exactly what I wanted though because my head is on a swivel when I ride, mirrors are just to appease the law-makers.

is 20 bucks a good price for those? Amazon doesn't look promising

Yeah $20 is a good price, not to mention the owner of that site posts on here and you are supporting someone who supports this community.  Amazon has em for $26.90 BTW

I'm currently running this mirror, does the job for me and keeps me legal.

20130620_162154_zpsf2ba4326.jpg

Davinci and 707, what is that mirror called? Can you please give me a link where to buy one?

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1377050786.497746.jpg

Search eBay for bar end mirror. That's what these ones are. The ones above look similar. I picked these up for around 20 bucks shipped. They come with an expansion plug part that goes in the end of the handle bars, but if you remove that, they clamp onto the bars.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1377050786.497746.jpg

Search eBay for bar end mirror. That's what these ones are. The ones above look similar. I picked these up for around 20 bucks shipped. They come with an expansion plug part that goes in the end of the handle bars, but if you remove that, they clamp onto the bars.

Will those clamps work with fatter bars?

Will those clamps work with fatter bars?

Fatter than the 1 1/8 bars on my bike? Not sure. I'm sure you could file the clamps or something to make it work.

Fatter than the 1 1/8 bars on my bike? Not sure. I'm sure you could file the clamps or something to make it work.

Do the ones I linked look like they will work?

Haha ok

Just bought 'em. Thanks

Trackside brand mirrors from cycle gear. They come in a pair. I think I paid 30-40ish years ago

Not as sleek looking, but you can slide your controls inward a little and run bar end mirrors like this if you have handguards. It gives an excellent field of view.

If lane splitting was legal in TX I would mount them like in the above pic by Davinci.

IMG_20130820_230744_376.jpg

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1377050786.497746.jpg

Sounds like visibility is good how you have them mounted? Might have to try it when i get home mine are turned inwards... do you like them better/ have better rear vision with them mounted outwards like that?