Sign in to follow this  

rm 250 vin

hi there I have just brought an rm250 which I suspect is an 05 model , the vin number I have has a 0 as the 10th digit number which I have seen many posts about it not being the correct number as it is definitely not a 2000 model and apparently they have a y as 10th digit anyway. can anyone help? the vin code is JS1RJ18A000501933. I have used many vin decoders over the net and none have been able tofigure it out.  help is much appreciated cheers.

That vin is coming back as a 2008 Hayabusa.....

Can you post a pic of the bike?

I'm guessing I'd it says it's that either the op read the vin wrong or you put it in wrong?

I'm guessing I'd it says it's that either the op read the vin wrong or you put it in wrong?

I coppied and pasted the vin into gooe and it came back as a 08 hayabussa. Lol. Im guessing he read it wrong.

Your in New Zealand so there's a good chance that the US VIN code break down isn't the same.  So, for the most part about all we can say is "yes", it looks like it could be an '05 (and a nice one at that!).  You would have to get with your dealership or whom ever does your vehicle titles and have them verify the year.