What do you think about this piston?

Hey guys, i bought a kx250f from my cousin that he bought brand new in 2006 (the bike is a 2007).The bike is clean and pull hard. The thing is that I don't really know much about the engine and I wont open it until winter, the bike doesnt have an hour meter. Befofe I bought it my cousin he rebuild the suspension and the top end ( first time on this bike) and this what came out. What do you think about this piston? Do you think the bike has high hours? Low hours? The bike been rebuild in the beggining of 2013 so the piston was 7 years old. So please guys tell me what you think!

Thanks!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey guys, i bought a kx250f from my cousin that he bought brand new in 2006 (the bike is a 2007).The bike is clean and pull hard. The thing is that I don't really know much about the engine and I wont open it until winter, the bike doesnt have an hour meter. Befofe I bought it my cousin he rebuild the suspension and the top end ( first time on this bike) and this what came out. What do you think about this piston? Do you think the bike has high hours? Low hours? The bike been rebuild in the beggining of 2013 so the piston was 7 years old. So please guys tell me what you think!

Thanks!

I think if I had the motor that far apart I'd put a piston in it. they don't last forever. probably also very well worth popping the valves out and looking at the seating surfaces for wear in the hardface.

edit: apologies, I misread and thought that was the 7 year old piston in the bike right now. my fault...

Edited by robw122

I think if I had the motor that far apart I'd put a piston in it. they don't last forever. probably also very well worth popping the valves out and looking at the seating surfaces for wear in the hardface.

edit: apologies, I misread and thought that was the 7 year old piston in the bike right now. my fault...

Well my cousin also did an head leak test and there was absolutly no leak

Alright thanks guys! I got another question, How many hours do you think there was on this piston when it came out, I know it's hard to tell, But do this look like a 40 hours piston? a 50 hours piston etc?

Thanks!