Sign in to follow this  

250r dual exhaust

I have an 05X and I am planning to change the exhaust.

1. Is there any way to make the 250R dual exhaust work?

2. If I get a single 250R exhaust, will I have to get the header and muffler combo, or they interchangeable with me 250X header/muffler? Will the X header work with R muffler and vice versa.

From what I've read, you'll both need the header and mufflers, need to rejet, modify your 250X subframe, be OK with it being loud, be OK with it being heavier, and bring lots of $$$$.

Does look good though.  I was thinking it'd be an easy mod and quieter.  I was wrong.

I have an 05X and I am planning to change the exhaust.

1. Is there any way to make the 250R dual exhaust work?

2. If I get a single 250R exhaust, will I have to get the header and muffler combo, or they interchangeable with me 250X header/muffler? Will the X header work with R muffler and vice versa.

There is a thread here about making a dual exhaust work but as I remember it was a lot of work and not cheap. Best bet would be to get a 04 or 05 R can and header. They are a direct swap. If you are looking for low- mid boost, go with the R can and X header. For top end, go with the complete R set up. Keep in mind that the R can dose not have a spark arrestor.