Sign in to follow this  

Any difference between a 2007 and 2006 YZ250 stock pipe?

My bike is a 2006, and I'm running the stocker, but it's dented.  A local guy has one foe cheap from his 2007.  Any difference?  I've heard that the 2006 was the best year model for the pipe.

Hey RiderX. Motosport show's the same part number for 06-07.You should be good to go.

It must be the same pipe for all the recent years. I just bought a 2012 like new pipe for my '07 and the part numbers on Bike Bandit were the same...

Edited by Clip67

It must be the same pipe for all the recent years. I just bought a 2012 like new pipe for my '07 and the part numbers on Bike Bandit were the same...

I'm pretty sure they're the same from '99 on up

I'm pretty sure they're the same from '99 on up

No they are different on the aluminum frame.

I have found the newer pipes from the aluminum frame 250 will fit back to the 99 but the steel frame 250 pipes don't clear the aluminum frame

• Like 1

No they are different on the aluminum frame.

I have found the newer pipes from the aluminum frame 250 will fit back to the 99 but the steel frame 250 pipes don't clear the aluminum frame

Now that you mention it I remember that being the case when I tried to put an 01 on my 09. My bad. I wish they would fit, it'd save me a few bucks.

I know the Gnarly pipe I bought used from a guy that had a steel frame bike had to be finagled and hammer massaged to fit my 06.  My guess is they redesigned them in 05 to fit both and the pipe I bought was from the before times.