Sign in to follow this  

Heard the dumbest thing today...

I walked into the local shop today to see what they'd do for me if I traded my 13 crf450r with alot of MX racing mods, for a 14 yz450f since I only MX race the eg and have 2 trail bikes. Anyways right after I walk in there's a guy, probably 25-30 years old who was sitting on a 12 yz250r he said "so when it's in neutral and I pull up it puts it into drive and down puts it into reverse right?" The dealer said" no ur doesn't have reverse and it's 1 down then all up....) I honestly about laughed in his race.. They guy later said he's never ridden a bike or even any ATV. Wich around here is unheard of. But he ended up buying a used 2006 crf230f wich is probably too much for him.. But yea I can't believe this guy asked that...

I was told yesterday of a 250f with 52hp and 60hrs on the meter with no problems....

While riding a moto I could smell race fuel. There was a few 60s and 80s but they just put around. I pulled into the pits and asked who was running race fuel. No word of a lie the same guy that told me about the 52hp 250f, told me his kids Cobra 65 gets another 6hp with it....

• Like 1

I was told yesterday of a 250f with 52hp and 60hrs on the meter with no problems....

While riding a moto I could smell race fuel. There was a few 60s and 80s but they just put around. I pulled into the pits and asked who was running race fuel. No word of a lie the same guy that told me about the 52hp 250f, told me his kids Cobra 65 gets another 6hp with it....

racefuel is more volitile, so getting more power with it is a true statement. but honestly you probably wont get 6 more hp. just from the fuel... 

• Like 1

racefuel is more volitile, so getting more power with it is a true statement. but honestly you probably wont get 6 more hp. just from the fuel...

I don't doubt a increase in power of 2-3hp on a 450. But 6hp on a 65!? That's like a 30% jump.... IMPOSSIBLE!

Theres a chance hes driven utility atvs cause the ones i have driven you have to usually push down wants in neutral and turn a knob or squeeze brake lever. But on a yz? :banghead:

Edited by travis1010

Well, there are some motorcycles with reverse so its not totally 100% stupid (about 99% stupid) but its aftermarket and for larger road bikes.

Edited by GaDRZ400sMan

Agreed

I felt a little bad for Him when u stated u "laughed in his  face "

if you don't grow up around them or have buddies who are into bikes  your going to look like a dipstick  during the learning curve

but atleast He's out looking into getting a bike   and not a quad  

LOL   

• Like 7

When I first started riding, I knew that bikes can't have reverse, I even knew that so clearly, i asked "is there a motorcycle that has reverse" I guess the police interceptor bikes do, it makes sense on a huge bike that is extremely heavy, but something so small?

you could laugh at the guy.... or you could help him and teach him to ride.... #2 for me.

I wasn't ever like that, only because I start riding a dirt bike a day after I was able to ride a peddle bike on my own(never used training wheels...i know I am cool...pfft lol no I just had the opportunity most didn't)

what I am saying is, I take it for granted how easy it comes to me, while most people cant even go down some of the easiest trails I ride or a lap around a track. BUT I have tried to get friends into it, only way the sport will grow... ass hates are only a turn off!

Edited by nickbaldwin86

Yeah we were all born "knowing" this stuff.  I do believe I have read an article where a guy actually did modify his bike to have reverse. 

On the other hand if you know nothjing about any subject you have to start somewhere.

When I was in the Army there were guys [mainly from California] who thought that when a rifle was fired that the entire shell went out the barrel like a rocket.

Everybody was a noob at one time. Pompous know it all attitudes are actually more embarrassing.[/quote

Yea, what he said. It is always easy to see weaknesses in others actions and point them out to others. I don't understand the motivation. We all were beginners at one time.

• Like 1

I don't doubt a increase in power of 2-3hp on a 450. But 6hp on a 65!? That's like a 30% jump.... IMPOSSIBLE!

Impossible or INCREDIBLE!! That's why his kid is better than everyone else he has a HUGE advantage. Redbull gives you wings but race fuel gives you 30% more hp. Just hope people don't start combining the 2 we'd have a freaking rocketship on our hands!!!!!

Everybody was a noob at one time. Pompous know it all attitudes are actually more embarrassing.

+1 why are you going to laugh in his face because he wants to learn something that you obviously are very experienced at? Everybody has to start somewhere, I was always told the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

• Like 1

+1 why are you going to laugh in his face because he wants to learn something that you obviously are very experienced at? Everybody has to start somewhere, I was always told the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

I didn't laugh in his face. And I saw him again today. He came UNO my shop and said " I feel like my new bike should have more power and I should be able to flick it around easier" I told him its a heavy, underpowered trail bike. I said I could get a big bore, different cam, pipe, and mod the air box to give it more power.well I've got a 250 big bore, a web can, and a full pro circuit pipe on the way! He asked if he could sit in and watch us do the work to it. I told him I usually don't allow that but since he's a beginner he could.