Sign in to follow this  

cycra probend CRM handguards

Just a simple question...how the hell do you install these into the handlebars? Do we keep the stock bar ends? Doesn't seem like any of it fits.

Also going to be getting the triple clamp mount since i forgot to order that.

You have to remove the barends so the bolt of the hand guard can go into the end of the handle bar.

I think you bought the wrong ones IMO want the normal probends and not the crms. I bought the crms and I couldnt get them to fit as one of the handguards would hit the speedo but I did have after market bars so im not sure if that is what caused the issue. If you are handy and can make something to move the speedo over a tiny bit so it doesnt get in the way of the clamp you should be able to use them. You may want to confirm if you can use the tripple mount with the crm handguards as they metal bit if longer than the normal probends. If you do a search for crm, probend crm etc you will find others have had this same problem, thats how I found out about moving the speedo over.

Edited by Romie

Wrong Cycras, I think others have had issues fitting CRMs.  You need the standard Cycra Pro Bends (racer pack) and a set of mounts (either to the handlebars or triple clamp).  I fitted the standard Pro Bends with only slightly modification and that was solely to the triple clamp mount.

Got the guards installed, will have to go back and bend the throttle side a little because it sits about 1/4" lower that the other side... good enough for now. Otherwise they bolted right up.

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

So far installed the triple clamp mounts. Picked up some M8 x 1.25 x 60 mm socket head bolts, couldn't source any 12 mm hex head bolts locally. Went to install the mounts and found the bolts were tight going in. Sure enough the hole spacing on the upper triple clamp is closer (~1/16") than what is machined into the mounts (the holes are slotted on the mounts).

So I took my trusty round file that happened to be the same diameter as the slotted holes in the mounts and filed away about 3/32" or so on one of the slotted holes in each mount.

Here it is mounted up

IMG_0698.jpg

Wrong Cycras, I think others have had issues fitting CRMs.  You need the standard Cycra Pro Bends (racer pack) and a set of mounts (either to the handlebars or triple clamp).  I fitted the standard Pro Bends with only slightly modification and that was solely to the triple clamp mount.

going to return the cycras....although not sure if ill get the cycra since you have to modify it to fit... does the acerbis one fit out of the package?

zeta

+1

drz203_zpsbc26f846.jpg

Just placed orders for Zetas. Even went fancy with the built in indicators to take off the stock turn signals (not sure if legal but meh)

• Like 1

Just placed orders for Zetas. Even went fancy with the built in indicators to take off the stock turn signals (not sure if legal but meh)

That's what I have. I am pretty sure they are legal, and look really cool.

going to return the cycras....although not sure if ill get the cycra since you have to modify it to fit... does the acerbis one fit out of the package?

Hand guards are generally universal, so on some bikes they require modification.

Thats what i have too,  they work and look great imo. 

Thats what i have too, they work and look great imo.

Do the zeta have a hole for those powermadd mirrors stock? Or do you have to drill them?

Also if you drill them how do you get the bolt to screw in? Like how do you get threads lol. Super noob at this stuff.

Do the zeta have a hole for those powermadd mirrors stock? Or do you have to drill them?

Also if you drill them how do you get the bolt to screw in? Like how do you get threads lol. Super noob at this stuff.

You just use the bolt that holds on the plastic guard to the hand guards,   i just used a longer bolt,  with a washer and a lock nut to hold the mirrors down,  they are called power madd mirrors,  16 bucks shipped for a new set m8. 

• Like 1

You just use the bolt that holds on the plastic guard to the hand guards,   i just used a longer bolt,  with a washer and a lock nut to hold the mirrors down,  they are called power madd mirrors,  16 bucks shipped for a new set m8. 

\ :thumbsup: found em and ordered em.

Sadly wheeling is out of Zeta handguards  :cry: gonna be an extra week to get them oh well.

• Like 1

\ :thumbsup: found em and ordered em.

Sadly wheeling is out of Zeta handguards  :cry: gonna be an extra week to get them oh well.

I know wheelin is great,  but if you cant wait,   i bought mine off ebay for $124 shipped,  and had it in 2 days exactly. 

• Like 1