Anyone wear boots without the booties?

Just wondering if anyone wears a boot that comes with a bootie but decides to wear them without. I have a pair of TCX Pro 2 and the dog got ahold of the booties and I need to figure out what would be best for comfort/fit without the bootie.

My dumbass friend thought he could hang his wet tech8 booties off his handle bars on our way home to Florida from Georgia. About 30 minutes into the trip he realized one flew off, I refused to go looking for it. After that he would wear multiple socks on the boot that didnt have a bootie, then a about a year later he finally got some tech10's.

I'm thinking about have the GF sew some up out of an old wetsuit I have. I've already put a sole insert inside. Probably not ideal for summer, but I've done a little test fitting with the material and it feels pretty close to the bootie.

It's not a matter of me buying new boots and choosing between a boot with a bootie or no bootie. It's a matter of hoping to be able to keep wearing my boots, that are designed for a bootie, without one. They have a lot of life left in them, still look new.

My tech 8s have the booty but due to my feet hurting like crazy after using the booty on a couple hr ride, I decided to not use them. I went to WalMart and bought a couple dr scholls inserts, the thickest ones they had, ended up using 1 of them and the boots are perfect. No more sore feet. I probably shouldve just got a bigger size boot/booty combo.....but I really like the scholls insert solution and a thicker sock. With the booty I had to wear a thin, almost nylon type of sock.

I have the older tcx pro's, Oxtar version and I have left the booties at home twice. once for a couple hour ride and then for a 4 day trip... IT EFFIN SUCKED, With the booties the boots are perfect and with out them they are loose and pinch in places that weren't comfortable. I didn't get blisters or anything (my feet are tough I don't get blisters much) but it really wasn't comfortable and they were obviously way loose. Now I never separate the booties from the boot. I let them air dry while laying on top of the boot itself. 

But I guess to answer the question, you can use em with out the booties and its doable, just not favorable at all.

Newb here with a dumb question: what are booties?

I bought a cheapo pair of Fly mx boots because I didn't want to sink a bunch of $$$ into gear if I discovered that I didn't much like riding dirt.

Thanks lads.

Their basically an insert in your boot that fits around your foot more like a glove. Some boots are designed with them some are not.