ECU question

I have a 2012 450 SXF FE, 

I have a few nice upgrades on the bike now and will be changing the head and cam for a little more performance. 

In regards to the ECU, i received the tuning device for the stock ECU. 

I am interested in upgrading the performance, but not the weight, so i have three options:

1. Leave it stock and tune

2. Upgrade to the GET-power plug and play ECU

3. Upgrade with Bazzaz piggy-back

Each have thier pros and cons:

Stock Pros

Free

Able to tune for upgrades

Cons

Limited parameters for tuning

Get Power Pros

Able to tune for upgrades

300+ parameters for tuning

PLug anf play with stock harness

Cons

MOST EXPENSIVE

Tuning software seperate

Bazzaz Pros

Widely used in my area

Able to tune for upgrade

Programming software included

Cons

Piggy back

Added weight

So which avenue should i go for?

I am a recreational rider who goes to the track seldom for fun, I am mostly shifting the sands in the desert. Presently i am gettin Great mileage out of my bike for long distance runs. Feels very comfortable now, but had to tame the throttle for it had too much punch off the line...

id go bazzaz, youre not going to notice that little bit of weight

id go bazzaz, youre not going to notice that little bit of weight

how does the bazzaz work, does it come with preloaded maps or do u have to make ur own?

It comes with a preloaded map, and you edit it for fine tune for ur engine. It sits between ur sensors and original ecu. It uses ur edited info and runs the bike parameters ur way

Another option is to get the Z-AFM module that works in tandem with your Z-Fi.  The Z-Fi is the actual piggyback controller that you can upload maps into.  The Z-AFM (with an O2 sensor in your exhaust) is a "sniffing" accessory that basically builds a map for you based on the exact conditions of the test.  After the Z-AFM builds a map you like you can simply apply it to the Z-Fi as your new map and off you go.  Without the Z-AFM device you will be using static maps that are pre-programmed but not built for your exact conditions (things like altitude, temperature, etc).

This is the main reason I run the Dobeck Gen4.  It's a closed loop device for roughly $300 that is constantly using the data from the O2 sensor and adjusting your fuel map on the fly.  It too has a piggyback controller for some base data but it will not work without the O2 sensor.  For example, I set my AFR at full throttle at 12.6... no matter what the conditions my controller will alter the map from the stock ECU and get the bike to 12.6 AFR... even if the stock map sends the signal for something richer/leaner.  Awesome device and half the cost of a Bazzaz.

I have a ti exhaust and even got an o2 ti bung. Now where can i get it weldin on? I am in the middle east with limited skill levels.

I have a ti exhaust and even got an o2 ti bung. Now where can i get it weldin on? I am in the middle east with limited skill levels.

Not sure what to tell you there.  Everyone around here knows a good welder :)  It really isn't a specialty job, you just want to make sure the weld is high quality since the vibes the bike puts out can crack the weld over time.  Just look up a good welder and place the bung behind the header pipe chamber (if your exhaust has one).

o2sensor001_zps6474101d.jpg

Ti is very Sensitive and has to be welded properly in all its gases.

I think i will stay with my free tuner and later once i get more free cash i may get a bazzaz or get power.

Oh I forgot about the Ti aspect... good call.  You definitely want to make sure the job is done right the first time.