BDubb106

Pictures Bike Builds: Lets see your before and after pics!

Just as the title says... I enjoy looking through the rebuild threads, but what I love more than that is seeing the pics of the neglected machine giving a second chance to be cared for without having to read through 30+ pages to see them. So lets see the pics and give a slight description of what you found when you tore the bike apart.

• Like 3

I was hoping so... your rebuild is the one that actually made me think about making this thread. I was just checking it out this morn and looking at the finished product and it doesnt even look like the same bike. But some people dont bother looking through 30-40 pages of posts to find the pics. So I thought Id create a thread to make that a little easier.

• Like 1

Ftball, you know I have to post here....

99 YZ 125, Before

1167845332_5e5fA-L.jpg

After,

1191360834_HdeBb-L.jpg

it can hold itself up now! haha

very nice bike!

• Like 7

BEFORE

rust, chaind was too long, bald tires, needed new top end (after that the bottom end seized and broke the rod plus the new top end took a dump at the same time), bent handbars, every bolt was loose ( and i mean every single one), pretty much needed everything. Started from the gorund up starting with bare frame and powdercoating and went from there. new plastic, gripps, air filter, jug, bottom end, top end, chopped muffler, seat cover, plastic, graphics....pretty much everything. the bike is a TEN now.

kx85.jpg

kx851.jpg

After

kx852.jpg

xmas2009247.jpg

xmas2009248.jpg

xmas2009251.jpg

monster.jpg

• Like 12

The night I brought her home

img00148201003011855.jpg

The next day, messing with some extra plastics the previous owner gave me.

img00153201003042152.jpg

Wasn't happy with it. So here she is now.

img00062201006181818.jpg

• Like 2

I don't have the bike anymore but here is some inspiration for others.

It may look nice but the engine was trashed on the inside and every bearing and seal was JUNK.

DSCN0506.jpg

Here is is after. Top and bottom end, tranny needed a countershaft, clutch basket is new, swing arm and linkage bearings replaced, some new plastic, exhaust is fmf now, chain and sprockets, bars, bark busters, seat, kick starter replaced, rear brake pedal replaced, clutch perch, grips, and lots of other little things.

bike_6_4_09.jpg

• Like 4