Sign in to follow this  

Weird topic drz 440.

Well. Some days the bike feels really like boggy down when you rev it seems it dont make no grunt. From the fmf pipe yet other days it sounds amazing and feels grunty. Could it be due to diffent temps? As in uk we have been getting temps like 15c to 22c somedays ?

air density does make a difference and the smaller the motor the more you will feel it. Its the same with temp as it is going up n down in elevation for air density.

i can feel a difference on my bike depending on the weathers temp, but my bikes also about to blow up lol..its super quick under 85*f...n sluggish it above it..

i can feel a difference on my bike depending on the weathers temp, but my bikes also about to blow up lol..its super quick under 85*f...n sluggish it above it..

its weird. But i can tell cause sometimes the bike is really loud. Like how a dirt bike is ment to sound then somedays it sounds really like the jetting is out to much air like running with the air box cover off sound weird as anything but i think i found the problem the intake for the air box side of the carb the side towards the suspension was not pushed onto the carb right. I think it could be the problem but not had a chance to try it.

I can tell a big difference depending on the temp/humidity.  When it gets super hot and muggy out my bike doesn't perform as well.  When it's cool in the morning it rips, but in the afternoon it feels like a different bike sometimes. 

Ah, the joy of carburetors...

• Like 1

I can tell a big difference depending on the temp/humidity. When it gets super hot and muggy out my bike doesn't perform as well. When it's cool in the morning it rips, but in the afternoon it feels like a different bike sometimes.

Ah, the joy of carburetors...

does the bike make a diffrent sound aswell?

does the bike make a diffrent sound aswell?

I haven't really noticed a sound difference, nothing that caught my attention anyway.  I'll pay more attention and if I notice anything in the near future I'll let you know.  I've got an MRD so it's always loud lol

I haven't really noticed a sound difference, nothing that caught my attention anyway. I'll pay more attention and if I notice anything in the near future I'll let you know. I've got an MRD so it's always loud lol

yeah i was going to order a mrd but it was either that or a playstation 4 and the playstation won hahaha
  • Like 1

mine seems louder when hot, it almost seems like its louder and slipping clutch like revving fast but doing nothing

lol i just need a new motor,,,

i dont know if i should buy(to effectively have no down time,want to do it in 1 day..hopefully):

used ebay motor $1000-1600 s or sm less than 12,000miles..do motor swap..over time put rebuild my current sm motor to use once the motor i dont have yet blows up

or

used 2000-2004 e model.$1000-1900 (pros/cons..some have kick only,some have upgrades,not having a neutral light,have a extra whole dirt bike,motor might be old/worn) do a motor swap..then rebuild my sm motor for the e model over time..

mine seems louder when hot, it almost seems like its louder and slipping clutch like revving fast but doing nothing

lol i just need a new motor,,,

i dont know if i should buy(to effectively have no down time,want to do it in 1 day..hopefully):

used ebay motor $1000-1600 s or sm less than 12,000miles..do motor swap..over time put rebuild my current sm motor to use once the motor i dont have yet blows up

or

used 2000-2004 e model.$1000-1900 (pros/cons..some have kick only,some have upgrades,not having a neutral light,have a extra whole dirt bike,motor might be old/worn) do a motor swap..then rebuild my sm motor for the e model over time..

i rebuilt my whole engine with a new crank. Was simple just takes alot of time and stress haha

i rebuilt my whole engine with a new crank. Was simple just takes alot of time and stress haha

how much time? that the only reason i dont want to rebuild it, cause ill have to split/replace everything in there..ive never rebuilt any motor

and id rather replace this motor with used motor and have a running vehicle..

rather than rebuild my motor, possibly mess up and be down for who knows how long..plus in case that were to happen, i have no extra shop money.

i wish i knew the motor better and wasnt scared, because i could bb/stroke & gets new valves+install for same price as im about to pay for either used bike or motor

I put in a R&D Flex Jet and it gave me problems from the start. It was not holding the setting, ran overly rich, fouled a plug and left me stranded. I've read of others having problems with other aftermarket extended fuel screws coming loose. Just food for thought.

yeah i was going to order a mrd but it was either that or a playstation 4 and the playstation won hahaha

Your priorities are off lol  :thinking:

I put in a R&D Flex Jet and it gave me problems from the start. It was not holding the setting, ran overly rich, fouled a plug and left me stranded. I've read of others having problems with other aftermarket extended fuel screws coming loose. Just food for thought.

i actually baught the xtended fuel screw for the stock sm carb from TT, and went to install and it was so loose i didnt trust it, and left the stock screw in there..

me and another user on here had the same problem so the TT ppl went and contacted the manufacturer and they used some digital measuring device and said theres no way there loose and its basically not the part, its our carbs.... bs

Edited by 707LAKE

That's weird, I haven't heard any of that.  I installed one and have had no issues thus far.  However, I have pondered the possibility of it turning out on its own because of the added pressure from the flexible line.  I guess time will tell...

how much time? that the only reason i dont want to rebuild it, cause ill have to split/replace everything in there..ive never rebuilt any motor

and id rather replace this motor with used motor and have a running vehicle..

rather than rebuild my motor, possibly mess up and be down for who knows how long..plus in case that were to happen, i have no extra shop money.

i wish i knew the motor better and wasnt scared, because i could bb/stroke & gets new valves+install for same price as im about to pay for either used bike or motor

about 2 whole days trust me its very simple. It was my first time aswell i had to split the cases what was simple saved my self £1100

Your priorities are off lol :thinking:

yeah but its nearly winter bike wont be getting used and iv spend so much on the bike so i fought id treat my self not the bike haha

We don't get enough of a temp variation in the uk to make a difference, I can count on one hand the amount of times I've adjusted the air screw on either my previous drz or this ccm in the 10 years I've been on here.