Sign in to follow this  

Harescrambles

I wana start racing harescrambles but i dont know of any around me i was wondering if any of you guys knew of some i live in chester county and i don't want to have to drive really far thanks

I live in Texas, and we have to drive between one and three hours to get to race sites.  In fact there's a race in south TX where I drive over 340 miles one way.  It's gonna suck. 

Once you get plugged into racing circuits you'll meet some guys, and you can carpool to save money.  Plus that makes the drive much more enjoyable.

Ya haha I'm just starting out and its just me so i don't wanna drive more than an hour just starting off and also what are the classes for harescrambles is it like motocross or different?

Ya haha I'm just starting out and its just me so i don't wanna drive more than an hour just starting off and also what are the classes for harescrambles is it like motocross or different?

Around us all the off road series have the same classes, (east va) they're also the same classes as the gncc series. The series Im starting is never within an hour from me, the races range from 1.5-3.5 hours away, and its about the same for the other race series around here. I have other friends that race who will take turns driving there with my enclosed trailer for all our bikes (about 4-5 bikes plus gear). Rarely will you find a harescramble or any series really that had more than 1 or 2 races within an hour of you if you're lucky. Try to find someone to carpool with and enjoy the races!

Look up ECEA's schedule, http://www.ecea.org/ecea/index.php  Start plugging in race locations into Google maps and see what's closest.  As to what class, tell them at sign up what bike you have and that you're a beginner/first timer, they'll get you in the proper class.

Ok cool ill have to look that up thanks and ya i mean like I dint wanna drive more than 2 hours away and i don't have any friends that do hare scrambles i got one friend that races moto but thats it so I'm kinda stuck just going alone for now haha and by the way i live in chester county pa

WNYOA! Check them out, they won AMA promoter of the year last season and put on some of the best events. Most races are in the southern tier of NY, a lot of guys that race it are from PA. 

Check out WNYOA.net for more info. Show up to the race early with some money, your bike and gear. They'll have all the paper work you need to get signed up.

I live in Cecil county MD just below oxford I usually race ecea and some district 6 ecea is usually a bigger race. Most races are a hour and a half to three and a half hours. Looking for someone to ride or race with when work let's me

Have any of you guys ever raced the pine barons at sahara sands? I sall they have a race october 5-6 and its not too far from me just trying to get an idea of the terrain and how everything works with signing up and stuff

I'm not sure where Chester PA, but if it's near the OH-PA state line, I know CRA does plenty of harescrambles in Northeast/eastern Ohio. I think there's even one in PA. racecra.org