02-14 YZ people, get in here

I am trying to talk the guys at vd laar racing into selling just the tank and mounting accessories separately (as well as everything else) I need your help to try to talk them into it.

These are the guys that make this YZF restyle kit.

YZ125F.jpg

Please send an email to info@vdlaarracing.com saying you want them to split up the kit.

Even if you don't want it, please email them and ask.

the main pieces i think are their tank the rad relocating braces / mounts that have the proper mount for the rad shrouds. only other item maybe relocated silencer mount tab on subframe or silencer other wise the rest of the parts are yz250f cept the airboot that is the stock yz part which is slightly modded. you have to remove one of the sealing ridges on the stock yz airboot to use with the 250f airbox setup. rest of the parts are just oem 250f parts.

that is why they are dumb for not splitting the kit up imo cause all their prices are in euro which makes the kit cost way more then it needs to be. they would of sold more of them if they would have done that why the ufo kit is a success.

That picture you have isn't a VDLaar kit, I forgot exactly who did it but it's a guy from Texas IIRC. I've tried to get a tank from VDLaar for awhile and to no avail. I've had European relatives try as well and no luck with them either.

Like what was said before, the tank is their bread and butter. Any halfway decent DIY'er could make the rest of it fit for much less than their kit. They won't split it up because they know they'll lose money.

I think the best bet would be to contact IMS to have them create a run of tanks. They once told a friend of mine they would build a custom oversize tank for his bike but would require 50+ minimum order (IIRC again).

I've always had plans of doing the conversion myself and I have most of the pieces but I just don't have the motivation to make the tank. I would be interested in buying one if they ever became available though.

Edited by thebleakness
  • Like 2

I did get an email back from them. Just the tank is 500 euros!!! :eek:  :eek: :eek:  

Ouch, GMX that makes aluminum tanks and radiators would probably make them for that price or less.

This stuff is all out of date now anyway, now we need a kit to turn our cylinders around and slant them back, and the 14 YZF plastic lol.

• Like 2

if you guy's in the state's could get........... maybe 5-10 people together? and get karl at klp racing to give you a quote for a small production run ?

it would prolly work out cheaper for a batch of ten rather than a one off tank maybe?

http://www.klpracing.com/id3.html

http://www.klpracing.com/id8.html

Edited by smezmx
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...

Check this out. Looks like the tank will work without the subframe and seat. Only $688 after currency conversion. Hmmmm :thinking:

s1200_1975038_10202451543143585_96169789

carbon?

vdlaar/lr racing? 

link please?

that's about £413 and gmx have raised their price to £500. ?

Edited by smezmx

looks like the same-ISH tank i found/posted on page 253 of let's see the yz's back in november

which was apparently a one off made in italy?

1391676_528125973938061_224677930_n.jpg

Edited by smezmx

Nevermind, I take that back. The vdlaar tank has an indention where the 250 kicker goes. I wonder who makes that?

me too,the french guy (marco smith) who originally posted the pics over at vital said the first one was a one off from italy,then the second one was vd laar? but i'm not convinced either way.

Edited by smezmx

vd laar say their's won't.where did you get the 688 figure from?

I emailed them last august to see if they would sell just the tank. They said they will for 500 euros. I might still do it, and try to find someone parting out a yzf. I have a friend that is a good aluminum tig welder, so I'll make my own kit.

• Like 1