Sign in to follow this  

1999 TE610 Parts Availiability

So I'm rocking back and forth on making a decision when the time comes that I have enough money. I have a 1999 TE610 with a 1998 TC610 motor in it, converted to a supermoto.

Last year 2 valves dropped and destroyed the motor. I wanted to get it repaired but as time passed and I didn't have any extra money I finally came to terms to just let it die and move on. Recently I have decided I want to pull apart the bottom end (gear frozen stopping my mechanic from getting that far w/o a special puller) myself and inspect for damage down there. If the bottom end is OK, I think I want to go through with the rebuild, and do it myself for experience.

Over the past year I have seen a few used heads on eBay here and there, but its rare to find them. I'm wondering if I should even pursue rebuilding this bike because I question how easy parts will be to find, because surely they are going to break at some point. Does anyone know what years TC/TE parts are compatible with 98/99? Might help expand my search options. Also do any of the TC/TE 410 motor parts interchange? Specificallly the cyl head?

And lastly, anyone got a head that will fit my bike? :D

Edited by dan2581

Also, does anyone know if any newer motors (preferably one with an oil PUMP) would fit into the 99 TE frame?

If you ask this at cafehusky.com in the 610/630 section youll get more responses

wrong BIKE, ( e-start motors drive on LEFT)

YES the left kick engines are all basically the same, 350, 410, 610, 570 + 400 2000 on had oil pumps,

Charlie