Bought an 07..had green oil...?

So I went to drain the oil out of my (new to me) 07 kx250f.Vplan is to ship the head of to Mx factory have the valve seats cut and new valve and springs installed, along with a hone so i can have a frsh top end. anyways, To my surprise the oil had a very strong green tint to it. I have never seen anything like this. I know they had green oil back in the day, but in an 07 kx? My coolent is green but it was not a milky brown color at all and the coolent is still topped off even after riding it for a bit...anyone ever seen this before

So I went to drain the oil out of my (new to me) 07 kx250f.Vplan is to ship the head of to Mx factory have the valve seats cut and new valve and springs installed, along with a hone so i can have a frsh top end. anyways, To my surprise the oil had a very strong green tint to it. I have never seen anything like this. I know they had green oil back in the day, but in an 07 kx? My coolent is green but it was not a milky brown color at all and the coolent is still topped off even after riding it for a bit...anyone ever seen this before

That is probably MOTUL 300V 4T Synthetic Dual Ester. Looks just like anti-freeze but is very good oil. I run it in my Triumph, Beta 540RR and my sons KX450F. Good oil but very expensive $70.00 for 4 Liters. I use the 15w50 and it has been good. It comes in different weights but not sure what you have there weight wise.

Brad Penn race oil is green  (the old Kendall -GT formula)... or just dye?

Yup, probably Motul 300V.

Edited by OLHILLBILLY

Brad Penn race oil is green  (the old Kendall -GT formula)... or just dye?

Somebody gave me a case of that stuff a couple of years ago and I just opened up a quart.  Sure is green!

Ok phew, I was worried there for a minute, never seen any oil recently that was green, thanks for the info guys!!

Redline oil is also greenish blue. But i believe its there gear oil for running like in the tranny side on Hondas. Not sure if thats the stuff to run in a KAWI