Sign in to follow this  

klx250s 13t vs mods

HI i just put a 13t sprocket on my klx 250s as a first cheap mods.

I like the little improvement for 30$.

My question is if i do the usual pipe jetting airbox mods for around 400$ do i gonna get almost the same result in torque increase than a 30$ sprocket  ???

Does it really worth the investment.

What you think about that 

Thanks

I own a KLX300 which comes is restricted as much as your 250. With each mod you get a little bit of performance increase somewhere in the rpm range. You did not mention what type of riding you do so the question is can I take advantage of aftermarket performance parts or free mods based on my activity. When you went to a 13T front sproket you really did not increase the torque value of the engine, you just changed the operating range of your engine. The higher the PPM the more torque. If you intend to keep the bike for a significant amount of time a pipe will give you a decent increase in performance. You most likely will have to rejet your current carb setup so I would put a dynojet kit in. At this point you are at the $400 mark. It was worth it to me although I spend most of my time on the dirt.  

Buying a new pipe costs $$$ you won't recoup when you sell cause the bike is cheap to buy and not so popular. I went 13t, put a kx snorkel, and had the anti-polution system removed from the stock exhaust for 100 euros.

Result: more torque thru entire power band with no loss of power (72 km/h at 5000 instead of 76 but same top speed)

Then, if you want to keep this brilliant little princess, and you really like fmf, it'll give you 4 hp.

enjoy

Who cares completely about resale value. You never get it back. But how is it in the fun factor. This is a sport not an investment. Now I am also if a mind to not over do it either. It would not make sense to me I put $2000 into one of these bikes. But a pipe and jetting is basic. Plus the 13t will reduce top speed

Who cares completely about resale value. You never get it back. But how is it in the fun factor. This is a sport not an investment. Now I am also if a mind to not over do it either. It would not make sense to me I put $2000 into one of these bikes. But a pipe and jetting is basic. Plus the 13t will reduce top speed

+1

In my book, it's about fun and certainly NOT an investment.  Like hatfield said, if the fun factor is worth the cost to you, go for it!  Since I ride 90+% offroad, I did the 13T AND will also do the pipe and rejet (and snorkel) next season when my warranty expires!

Further, just my opinion, if you want more from the bike than these mods offer, maybe you should be looking for a different bike...  OK, well a Big Bore kit too, when the bottom end wears out! :)

To each, his own.  A bike should be about its owner having fun with it!

God Bless,

TC