Sign in to follow this  

Laguna Hanson fire?

I've heard a few rumors of a fire in the Laguna Hanson area. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I've heard a few rumors of a fire in the Laguna Hanson area. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Yes, tomorrow we will be riding and might go through this area if posible... if we can get close ill post a pic

Edited by rangerclass7sx

Myself and dirt diver were up there 23 Aug and there was a fire, but passed through after it had happened so we saw the aftermath. Kind of sucks, the land looked so barren.

Another issue we ran into was a rancher had gated off the main trail to laguna Hansen about half way up. I came across the fence opened it and 2 buddies passed through, was waiting for 2 two others and the rancher showed up and was not happy. I speak little Spanish but managed to convey that 2 guys had entered his property, he went and tracked them to the other gate on his property which was padlocked, they came back and we were told to go left and then take the first right and follow it to the main trail. It worked but beware he does not like anyone going through his property anymore. Seems some riders were caught breaking the fence down and he was not in the mood for anyone messing with his gate, which I can respect. So a warning to all who ride that area, the gate is padlocked, when you come to it go left then take the first right and follow that back to the main trail, it is kind of a cool trail.

Do not know the exact location but it seemed about half way from the turn off on compadre trail to LH. Like I said it will have a lock on it, there were no other gates on the way to LH that have locks. Only reason it was not locked I think was the rancher was doing some work in another area outside the fence heard me go by and got me at the gate. I know this sounds a little confusing but there are few distinct areas there to refer to for a location, but its a new fence and gate. Sorry if its not specific enough.

Deepseathumper,

Did your group ride south of Rancho El Compadre (the ranch on the left of the road with the duck pond in front) for 10 - 15 miles and then turn left on the Casa Verde road? We have a quite large group going to Laguna Hanson 14 Sep, I would appreciate more information, if possible. I can PM a map for reference if necessary.

• Like 1

Bajafool,

Yes we did turn at Rancho Compadre (to the left), about 20 miles into the route was the new chained fence, just go left about 1/4 mile the follow the trail right if you stay to the right it will take you back to the main trail. I look on my GPS and the trail is there so it pretty easy to get to LH. The reason I mentioned this gate was the guy was not freindly about guys going through and if someone busts through there could be serious issues, just a warning. Trying to keep Mexico the last free ride zone!!!

Do not know the exact location but it seemed about half way from the turn off on compadre trail to LH. Like I said it will have a lock on it, there were no other gates on the way to LH that have locks. Only reason it was not locked I think was the rancher was doing some work in another area outside the fence heard me go by and got me at the gate. I know this sounds a little confusing but there are few distinct areas there to refer to for a location, but its a new fence and gate. Sorry if its not specific enough.

many baja ranchers are really fed up with motorcycles and buggys and baja races in general ...