Sign in to follow this  

California schmo's trailer

Might as well sell the trailer that I haven't used since buying the schmotovan . . . it's been chilling in my buddy's garage long enough.  Will's got the first crack at it, but if he's not interested, it'll be up for grabs. 

Here are a couple pics of it from the day I brought home my 450 . . . mmmm so pretty!!! I added a bracket to hold a full sized spare wheel/tire which is not shown . . . I also added a few additional eyes to allow for additional strap points for the bikeicon1.png or other stuff you are carrying. Has the box up front for a gas jug. The rails can be removed easily to just have the flat diamond plate if you have stuff to haul.  Has a short ramp stored underneath, and a fold down stand at the hitch.  To store it, it folds in half, then goes upright onto casters so you can roll it into position once upright . . . only sticks out about 2' from the wall when upright.

DSC00923.jpg

DSC00924.jpg

What size tires?

The tires are 20.5 x 8 x 10. 

I'm thinking about something creative as far as the price . . . take your pick . . . cover the amount I paid for new tires on the van last weekend or the copay for my MRI on Monday reciepts for both on hand.  Choose wrong and the price is 570 . . . choose correctly and you'll save yourself about 50 bucks . . . either way, I think it's a good deal on a nice little trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L6Uz67u4xM

Edited by schmo

dont worry ken waaaay too small for that pig heavy wr of yours

I'm not sure about Ken's WR . . . but I'm pretty sure Balistic would need to remove a couple bags first!!! ;)   The wheel chocks have different postions so you can move one bike back a bit if you want so the bars aren't in the same spot.

My Harley fit on it (well once, just to see if it would), I had these grand notions about taking the Jeep, putting the Harley and KTM on the trailer and just heading off into the sunset where ever the road or trail took me . . . didn't happen. 

Edited by schmo
  • Like 5

I was thinking it's more of a good size that anyone could tow it behind there non-Kawasuki motorcycle. Should be able to maneuver it between the KM trees to go fetch that POS contraption Mrs. Riddle keeps bringing with her she likes to call a "motorcycle". Just thinking big picture here.

I'm not sure about Ken's WR . . . but I'm pretty sure Balistic would need to remove a couple bags first!!! ;)   The wheel chocks have different postions so you can move one bike back a bit if you want so the bars aren't in the same spot.

My Harley fit on it (well once, just to see if it would), I had these grand notions about taking the Jeep, putting the Harley and KTM on the trailer and just heading off into the sunset where ever the road or trail took me . . . didn't happen. 

No need to remove bags as my bike gets ridden instead of setting on a trailer being admired! Nice trailer though. The wheels are a little small IMO. I sold my custom trailer I fabricated a few years back when I was between jobs. I'm still bummed out about it.

Specs on the basic trailer frame . . . this is without all the add ons (diamond plate top, tie downs, gas jug holder, MC rails, etc).  And a couple shots of how it folds up for storage.

50" x 72" Foldable utility trailer
Bed size: 50" x 72"
Tire size: 20.5x8-10"
Overall size: 112"X66"
Folded Overall size: 72"X28"x98"
Coupler size: 2"
Weight: 326 lbs
Payload: 1500 lbs
Color: Black

746-FOLD-SIDE_zpsa8245711.jpg

746-FOLD-FRONT_zps8353b3e0.jpg

Edited by schmo

Specs on the basic trailer frame . . . this is without all the add ons (diamond plate top, tie downs, gas jug holder, MC rails, etc). And a couple shots of how it folds up for storage.

50" x 72" Foldable utility trailer

Bed size: 50" x 72"

Tire size: 20.5x8-10"

Overall size: 112"X66"

Folded Overall size: 72"X28"x98"

Coupler size: 2"

Weight: 326 lbs

Payload: 1500 lbs

Color: Black

Posted Image

Posted Image

Try Craigslist.

That was the main reason I bought it, you can just put it up against the wall when you aren't going to use it.