Sign in to follow this  

The 01 KX 125

Here's a couple pics of an ongoing project I've been working on, a low original hour, non raced 01 KX125, what I would consider the ultimate play bike. I've had 2 01 KX250's, 1 07 KX450 and several KDX's, a 200 and a 220. Long time Kawasaki rider, great bikes, very dependable and super fast. I have done quite a bit to this one, here is a list of recent mods and upgrades,...

Wiseco Piston, Stock bore
V-Force 3 Reeds
New Gold chain and sprockets
new Perelli tires
Fork rebuild with Seal Savers
Works Connection Rear caliper guard
Pro Taper SE bars
Full Monster Decal set with new plastic
03 front fender
Pro Circuit silencer
New Uni air filter
New water pump inner and outer seals & gasket
All new front and rear brake pads.
Motion Pro Throttle assembly

I just replaced all the fiber plates and springs with EBC heavy duti ones today, I let em soak for about 2 days in oil, super smooth now. All make for a very nice riding and super dependable bike, jetting is crisp and this baby pulls super hard for a 125, love a six speed tranny on a 2-stroke.

n1at.jpg

52wq.jpg

fftu.jpg

• Like 1

Great looking bike, I even like those graphics and I don't usually care for most of the graphics kits. I have always thought the '99 through '02 kx's were the best looking motocrossers Kawasaki ever made.

• Like 2

Great looking bike, I even like those graphics and I don't usually care for most of the graphics kits. I have always thought the '99 through '02 kx's were the best looking motocrossers Kawasaki ever made.

Thanks man, me to, really surprised at how hard this thing pulls, just got back from an afternoon ride at a local atv park. Super fun rider.

You have a nice bike.   Last week I bought a Nice 02' kx125 that has plenty of power to haul my 210 lb. butt around.

Back in 94' I had a kx250 and it was a handful for my style of woods riding. The 125 is so much easier to handle and lighter.  

You have a nice bike.   Last week I bought a Nice 02' kx125 that has plenty of power to haul my 210 lb. butt around.

Back in 94' I had a kx250 and it was a handful for my style of woods riding. The 125 is so much easier to handle and lighter.  

Thanks, yea the 250 is a beast, they are awesome with a flywheel weight though. I've owned 2 2001 KX250's and they are a bit much unless you like to white knuckle ride every time you go out.

Here's a couple pics of an ongoing project I've been working on, a low original hour, non raced 01 KX125, what I would consider the ultimate play bike. I've had 2 01 KX250's, 1 07 KX450 and several KDX's, a 200 and a 220. Long time Kawasaki rider, great bikes, very dependable and super fast. I have done quite a bit to this one, here is a list of recent mods and upgrades,...

Wiseco Piston, Stock bore

V-Force 3 Reeds

New Gold chain and sprockets

new Perelli tires

Fork rebuild with Seal Savers

Works Connection Rear caliper guard

Pro Taper SE bars

Full Monster Decal set with new plastic

03 front fender

Pro Circuit silencer

New Uni air filter

New water pump inner and outer seals & gasket

All new front and rear brake pads.

Motion Pro Throttle assembly

I just replaced all the fiber plates and springs with EBC heavy duti ones today, I let em soak for about 2 days in oil, super smooth now. All make for a very nice riding and super dependable bike, jetting is crisp and this baby pulls super hard for a 125, love a six speed tranny on a 2-stroke.

n1at.jpg

52wq.jpg

fftu.jpg

Sick bike. I'm currently rebuilding an 00'. Where did you get those KYB fork stickers? I can't find those white w/ black outline ones. Can you direct me?

Thanks guys, the KYB decals actually came with the decal kit off ebay. Finally got in some good seat time and this thing hits like Brock Lessnar in the soft stuff, holy crap the powerband is violent, ass end kicks out hard, fun but seriously thinking about adding a flywheel weight.

Edited by clint eastwood