Bike died :( on side of the road!

So my bike cut out in traffic while feathering clutch. Fuel full, kill switch checked.

When I turn ignition to on, no headlight, no dash lights, tried jump started a few times etc no luck. Any ideas?

Had no signs of a dying battery up until right now...

Fuses back by the battery ????

I hope it's that easy. Ill check when I get the bike towed home :( no tools with me...

I hope it's that easy. Ill check when I get the bike towed home :( no tools with me...

Take seat off (two bolts), pop airbox cover off (three dzus fittings) and remove left side panel (1 bolt).

Battery%20Box-M.jpg

Top/Center inside that clearish rubber cover is a white plastic fuse holder.  It holds the 20A fuse and has a spot for 1 spare.

So my bike cut out in traffic while feathering clutch. Fuel full, kill switch checked.

When I turn ignition to on, no headlight, no dash lights, tried jump started a few times etc no luck. Any ideas?

Had no signs of a dying battery up until right now...

when you get it fixed, look around the wire harness for abraded wires. if it pops the fuse once, it will pop it again. definitely not a good thing to happen, especially in traffic. and that's when it will. ;-)

And if it is not the fuse, refer to one of those countless topics over the past few weeks, from people (including me) who had the same crap happen to them...

Good luck, I hope it's an easy fix.

when you get it fixed, look around the wire harness for abraded wires. if it pops the fuse once, it will pop it again. definitely not a good thing to happen, especially in traffic. and that's when it will. ;-)

Unfortunately it was the fuse! $250 toeing to find out its s $2 part!

Do you mind explaining / giving me some reference to this braided wire you speak if?

Yeah , find the reason why it popped the fuse .

Do you mind explaining / giving me some reference to this braided wire you speak if?

wow. Always carry a spare fuse

I believe Ohgood was referring to abraded wires, or wires with the covering worn through(copper exposed). These wires are most likely causing a short which in turn pops that fuse.

There wouldn't be a specific location to refer you too..., but definitely run through the harness and check for any exposed copper wiring or cuts/burns in the wiring.

so i guess its not only here that charges a lot to tow a bike? I have roadside assistance and free towing but if its not a car its over $100. i dont get it. At least you didn't spend $250 plus thousands more rebuilding a motor or something...