Sign in to follow this  

New user to site

I've been trolling these forums for a couple of days now and am totally addicted to the site so I finally signed up. Can I just say the wealth of info on here is incredible and the amount of people willing to help is inspiring.

I've been riding for 3 years or so very casually here in Aussie land and just thought I'll post a few things I've learned.

Firstly is once u get on a dirt bike u will never give it up.

Second is if u buy a used dirt bike don't expect it to work like brand new.

Third is always try your own mechanical work if your half interested in fixing it yourself, there's a lot of info on the net and you will be very proud of yourself once your done.

Last is always take you time when fixing something. Nothing worse than making a very costly or stupid mistake cause you didn't take you time!!

In very happy to be part of such a great community and keen on learning more in the future and helping out when I can.

• Like 1

haha, yea buddy those are all lessons i got to learn the hard way!

Welcome to TT, I love Motocross And racing, And I love working on and talkin about bikes almost as much as I love racing

Cheers.

p.s I have a roomate from aussie, its not fair how easy he gets women just because of his accent ;)

haha, yea buddy those are all lessons i got to learn the hard way!

Welcome to TT, I love Motocross And racing, And I love working on and talkin about bikes almost as much as I love racing

Cheers.

p.s I have a roomate from aussie, its not fair how easy he gets women just because of his accent ;)

I have experienced this very same problem. Went to Denver, Co. for a week long school on Generator systems. Made friends with a dude from Sydney, Aus. and we went to a local night spot to check out some ladies. I walk up to the bar and place my order and the bar tender says," Oh, I love your accent, where are you from?" I said in my southern drawl, " Mississippi" then I commented " if you like my accent you need to check out by buddies right here" and he comes out with "Gooday Mate" and I was no longer a novelty anymore. Although he did continue to be a chick magnet the rest of the night.