2000 cr 250! idles high like its out of gas.

hi guys, when I start my bike, it idles like its running out of gas. ive got a full tank in there. but I was missing the float needle clip, I rebuilt my carb but I haven't had a chance to put it back together. I was wondering if this would fix it? or what would fix it? thank you and let me know!!!

hi guys, when I start my bike, it idles like its running out of gas. ive got a full tank in there. but I was missing the float needle clip, I rebuilt my carb but I haven't had a chance to put it back together. I was wondering if this would fix it? or what would fix it? thank you and let me know!!!

Was it running ok before you rebuilt the carb? Did the problem start prior to the carb work? Have you replaced the needle clip yet? If not maybe that has something to do with it? Could be an airleak one the airbox to carb boot, or around the reed cage, or a crack in the insulator between the carb and cylinder. Can be a left crank seal allowing it to suck air in. I am sure there are more possibilities that others may think of.  After the carb rebuild, maybe you need to adjust the air screw, or idle?

*edit*

Nevermind, after re reading I see it was all before the carb rebuild. Missing the clip  ( I assume you mean the needle clip ) would make it run out of gas ( I would figure ), because it would drop down in too far, closing the opening.

Edited by wykyd450r

I think the float needle fell off. And the pin that holds the float on falls if right when you turn it side ways. Shop says I either need a new pin ur a whole new carb

Thinking about getting a whole new carb so I don't have to screw with anything

Superglue aint gonna work on anything in a carb. The fuel will kill it real quick. What pin are you talking about? The pin that slides thru the float? What normally holds it in? Mine has a screw to hold the pin. Many slides thru 2 holes to hold the pin. Have any pics of your carb?

What does the float needle look like? It's the thing that's attached to the float by the little metal tab. Is the tip of it buggered up? If you have the whole carb off and that needle is seated fully in the needle valve it shuts the gas off. If you blow in through the fuel line and work the needle valve it should shut off when it is seated up in the hole. If it doesn't then your needle valve is worn out.