electrosport stator

I installed a new stator and regulator/rectifier.now bike wont start.I have checked all elctrical connections ,done all tests,and have no shorts.I did notice that two of the wires in the cdi end of the stator plug (blue and green)are opposite of the factory plug.I have heard this was an issue,does any one know how to remove the wires from the plug to fix?And if this is a common issue why does the tt store still sell these and not let the customer know?

I installed a new stator and regulator/rectifier.now bike wont start.I have checked all elctrical connections ,done all tests,and have no shorts.I did notice that two of the wires in the cdi end of the stator plug (blue and green)are opposite of the factory plug.I have heard this was an issue,does any one know how to remove the wires from the plug to fix?And if this is a common issue why does the tt store still sell these and not let the customer know?

1: The pins are held in the plug buy a small tang on the pin itself.. it takes a hollow tool that fits over the pin to release the clip and push the pin out., buy one or make it from a thin wall small diameter piece of tubing.

2: If there is a wiring issue with the manufactured stator you bought, that issue is the manufacturers to correct.. not the many retailers.WHo have no control over the QAQC of a product you bought that was made in china or wherever.

3: And now you know why I buy from and recommend RickyStator over the other suppliers. 

Yeah , the Stator is a lemon .

At least it didn't start and work for a short while .. Then leave you stranded .... Somewhere

I might be wrong on this but I thought he revered wire leads had something to do with stators for a LTZ (quad with a DTZ motor)

I might be wrong on this but I thought he revered wire leads had something to do with stators for a LTZ (quad with a DTZ motor)

Well it was seen as an issue on the DRZ more then once

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/799450-moose-racing-replacement-stator-experience/?p=8248041

But I often wondered if the manufacturing screw up was related to a wiring difference with a like application,,,say an LTZ.....

I never got my hands on a LTZ stator to confirm one way or the other...so kind of forgot about that as a theory until now. 

the LTZ stator configuration is the exact same as the DRZ except for the connectors and length of harness.

the LTZ stator configuration is the exact same as the DRZ except for the connectors and length of harness.

Meaning, it was just a manufacturing screw up.. not a confused application / assembly issue.

But I often wondered if the manufacturing screw up

I'd say more often with Electrosport Stators... I have a stator I'm in the process of getting a refund for that's not even close to the correct stator / application right now that's from them.

It's starting to look like I may need to have the OEM one re-wound in this particular case.

I'd say more often with Electrosport Stators... I have a stator I'm in the process of getting a refund for that's not even close to the correct stator / application right now that's from them.

It's starting to look like I may need to have the OEM one re-wound in this particular case.

You can not go wrong with RickyStator.. give um a call and see what they can do for you.

You can not go wrong with RickyStator.. give um a call and see what they can do for you.

They don't list one, I guess I can call and double check though. Unforunately this is for my father in laws old odd-ball Honda motorcycle, were almost nothing is available or made for it anymore.

Confused now?? Oh I see, Ohio Jumped in with a different motorcycle just on the Electrosport quality question.  Hard to keep track sometimes.

So,I talked to the tech at electrosport,he said to leave the blue and green wires alone,but the white and black should be changed.I am not real happy about having to do this.I am going to try it and see what happens.Keeping my fingers crossed.