Anyone know what size rim locks does the stock wheel for 250L use? Is it dependent on the tire size or the rim size? I know, I know I didn't do my homework on it, just don't have time between work and training to look it up.

Rim Locks

Front: 1.85

Rear: 2.15

I like these:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/44/86/297/1371/-/40811/Talon-Billet-Rim-Lock

Motion Pro plastic ones are also popular.

Ok, so I need two different sizes? One for the front and one for the back, right? It doesn't matter the tire size, just the wheel size? Edited by Steins808

OK enlighten me (but go easy on me, I'm new!)

What are these for? :confused:  :confused: :confused:  :excuseme:  :excuseme:  :excuseme:  

They keep the bead of the tire from slipping or spinning in the rim and tearing the valve stem on your tube when running very low pressures off road. They also help keep the tire on the rim in the event of a flat. 

Rim lock = locks the tire to the rim ... think tire lock ...  :lol:

Do the CRF wheels come with rim locks?

I see that the OP is asking about the size so the CRF must have them, is this correct?  

The CRF does not come with rim locks...at least in my case when bought brand new in 2015.

Thanks Dogger.  

Are they necessary for the CRF for off-road or, just insurance against the tire possibly rotating on the rim?  

Edited by Thundra

Needed to run lower tire pressure for better off road handling