Sign in to follow this  

jetting a stock carb

hows it going guy, just joined the forum after lurking for a few weeks. just traded a 2012 cbr 1k for a 09 sm yesterday (i know call me crazy)

i guess the bikes previous owner faulted on the loan and the dealer took it back. its got a few mods done to it but i have a question about one in particular. my bike has a yoshi rs-4 (dual pipes) with 3x3 mod. now i plan on ditching this exhaust this winter when i start getting into some engine work/carb upgrade. right now it runs pretty friggin lean, pops like crazy on decel and sometimes in between shifts, even starts cold without choke lol, sooooo my question is i want to tune the bike close to a good a/f ratio while i ride for the next few months so i was wondering if i can do this without buying the 80 dollar jd jet kit as i plan on getting rid of this carb this winter and i feel this will be a waste of money. 

Welcome aboard M8, lets see some pics, imo dont spend the 80 and just do the FCR now, since you're gonna get it anyway.

• Like 1

hows it going guy, just joined the forum after lurking for a few weeks. just traded a 2012 cbr 1k for a 09 sm yesterday (i know call me crazy)

i guess the bikes previous owner faulted on the loan and the dealer took it back. its got a few mods done to it but i have a question about one in particular. my bike has a yoshi rs-4 (dual pipes) with 3x3 mod. now i plan on ditching this exhaust this winter when i start getting into some engine work/carb upgrade. right now it runs pretty friggin lean, pops like crazy on decel and sometimes in between shifts, even starts cold without choke lol, sooooo my question is i want to tune the bike close to a good a/f ratio while i ride for the next few months so i was wondering if i can do this without buying the 80 dollar jd jet kit as i plan on getting rid of this carb this winter and i feel this will be a waste of money.

how much you looking for? The rs4 ... Just iv never tried to pipe im intrested in it but live in uk

Welcome aboard M8, lets see some pics, imo dont spend the 80 and just do the FCR now, since you're gonna get it anyway.

thanks, i want to but the 500+ bucks is hard to eat right now i was just looking for a cheap band aid solution for the rest of the riding season, this winter i should be able to spend the money. 

abqcr7.jpg

here she is with my buddys SXV550, damn that thing is a lot of fun! they dont call it the maintenance queen for nothing though.

Yeh, and change your name to ryansgotadrz...... ;)  Welcome buddy!

thanks dude, haha well i still have a cbr...08 600rr i race with and i use the username for everything including e-mail :p 

might as well whore some more pics as well

600rr

25h20j9.jpg

1000rr damn ill miss her but she was too damn fast and i wouldve killed myself

2j11jxj.jpg

how much you looking for? The rs4 ... Just iv never tried to pipe im intrested in it but live in uk

sorry not going to sell just yet but send me a pm so i can remember your username and ill hit you up when i do 

• Like 2

You should be able to adjust the a/f screw the carbs a tuned lean from factory for emissions. I had a gsxr 750 sold last year and bought 13 Dr SM in may. MRD/ SSW, 3x3, JD jet kit and k &n .

thanks, i want to but the 500+ bucks is hard to eat right now i was just looking for a cheap band aid solution for the rest of the riding season, this winter i should be able to spend the money. 

abqcr7.jpg

here she is with my buddys SXV550, damn that thing is a lot of fun! they dont call it the maintenance queen for nothing though.

thanks dude, haha well i still have a cbr...08 600rr i race with and i use the username for everything including e-mail :p

might as well whore some more pics as well

600rr

25h20j9.jpg

1000rr damn ill miss her but she was too damn fast and i wouldve killed myself

2j11jxj.jpg

sorry not going to sell just yet but send me a pm so i can remember your username and ill hit you up when i do 

Ooops, sorry my bad........didn't know your stable was so full. Sorry about ditching the one, but you still have some formidable rides still. Enjoy the Z, they are great bikes and tons of fun.... :thumbsup:

If the 3x3 has been done there is a chance a jet kit has already been fitted....Have a look at the needle to see if it has multi clip positions for adjustment,note if it has any coloured markings ....

Also check main jet and pilot jet size...

It does have a mikuni carb fitted..?