Picked up a KX250AF today!

Yes indeed, got a Service Honda KX250AF, 07 KX250 engine in a 06 KX450F frame. I was wondering if anyone had a service manual in PDF for the 07 engine or the 06-08 (right?) KXF. I'm more concerned with the engine portion. I had a KLX450R and am pretty familiar with the chassis, but it would still be handy to have. Thanks guys.

Don't have a manual. But something's missing!! Oh yeah,where are the pics?

Edited by HolyKaw810

Lol, right away! I have some the previous owner took.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1377396566.925243.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1377396608.297687.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1377396641.983258.jpg

Nice!!

Thanks! I took it out this evening...she rips! Most fun bike I've ever been on. I'm glad to have it.

Congrats!! Amazing bike!

Thanks man! Can't believe I got ahold of one of these.

Looks great! Just outta curiosity..... What'd ya pay for it? I can't imagine it being cheap, you don't see too many 250afc's at all, let alone for sale, I guess if you do an aluminum frame conversion on a bike your pretty much looking for a long term relationship(atleast in my opinion)

Looks great! Just outta curiosity..... What'd ya pay for it? I can't imagine it being cheap, you don't see too many 250afc's at all, let alone for sale, I guess if you do an aluminum frame conversion on a bike your pretty much looking for a long term relationship(atleast in my opinion)

I actually traded my other bike for it. The guy who had it had two of these. He just got lucky and came across this one and couldn't NOT buy it. The other one he had ordered for himself and he races it. This one he ended up acquiring and rode it here and there, but mostly sat and wasn't being used. So he came across my ad I had posted to sell my bike, he wanted another good 4-stroke for more wide open circuits, and there was no way I was gonna pass! I was pretty shocked when I got the call with the offer, needless to say. Not that my bike wasn't worth anything, but I know how rare these AF bikes are. I was looking to sell or trade to a 2-stroke, so we both got what we wanted. I probably had 10k tied up in my bike, so we about evened out.

Nice, Where in Ky are you? I'd like to see this one in person. I'm still contemplating putting our engine in an AF chassis. My son is a good B level rider and really don't want to dump all that money into something that has no real improvement. He die-hard 2 stroke and Green.

I tried to talk him into a new YZ but that was a big negatory.

Nice, Where in Ky are you? I'd like to see this one in person. I'm still contemplating putting our engine in an AF chassis. My son is a good B level rider and really don't want to dump all that money into something that has no real improvement. He die-hard 2 stroke and Green.

I tried to talk him into a new YZ but that was a big negatory.

I'm in Beattyville, southeast KY. It feels good to me, but I really don't know how big a difference it is from a steel frame. I've only ridden a factory KX250 for a few minutes.

Found a manual! Next order of business, can you guys advise me on any quirks these 07s have? Common problems if any, things to keep an eye on, etc. I appreciate it!

This may or may not be helpful but I figured I may as well throw it out there, but check out kx riders if you haven't, tons of guys do the afc on there, there is more than likely atleast 1 guy with the same chassis/engine combo as you who knows it like the back of his hand. They have a whole afc sub-forum on there.

Thanks man! I'll check it out.

Yeah great bike man, gotta love exotic stuff like the Service crew churn out, let er rip man! ROOSTA out.

I want that bike

She sure rips. I'll probably keep this bike in my stable for as long as I ride. Might end up with some other stuff later on, but I'll hang onto this ol' girl. Can't believe this is my first two stroke! I'm never going back to a 4.

What type of riding are you using this beauty for?

Stoked she is ripping for you!

Trail riding for the time being until I can get into a situation where I can ride several times a week like I used to. Then I'd like to race harescrambles and the like. I'm back in school for the time being and my location isn't conducive to riding, which sucks.

OK, Harlan Cty area too far for me. But maybe we'll meet up some day at Boone or something. But good thing you got the oversize tank on there. I know there's thousands of miles of trails down there.