Chain slider

Way cool. I run 110's on my 450x and after 300+ miles in Baja I start to rip off knobbies. TM's are good but they don't save the knobbies. If you put one on your bike, please give us an update to see how it works and let us know if it will also work with a 120 rear tire.

Thanks.

RAK

Un-branded parts?  

At $59 why not just go to $89 and use a TMD brand, which I have never worn out....

http://www.tmdesignworks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_37_38&products_id=86

Is it loud?

Way cool. I run 110's on my 450x and after 300+ miles in Baja I start to rip off knobbies. TM's are good but they don't save the knobbies. If you put one on your bike, please give us an update to see how it works and let us know if it will also work with a 120 rear tire.

Thanks.

RAK

Maybe you should look at how you are adjusting your chain

Is it loud?

Maybe you should look at how you are adjusting your chain

Chain is adjusted to factory specs before every ride. I haven't seen anyone who rides a Honda 450x hard, using a 120 who doesn't rip knobbies off the chain side of the tire....and yes, before you ask it, I do use the narrow DID chain...not cheap but well worth it. Bottom Line, Honda needs to update this bikes and make some changes, but I don't see this happening in this economy.

RAK

I am another who has to ask what is causing the chain to remove knobs. I have a 120 width tire on my CR and I have no clearance issues. Is the X that marginal regarding chain clearance? Sounds like the rear wheel must be out of alignment to me. I always use a straight edge, sometimes the marks are not perfect.

Just an FYI, I bought a red UFO chain slider from ebay because my weird greenish black OEM slider looked half worn. Unfortunately it was very soft. My chain ate through it and started to wear my swingarm in a single half day ride. I threw my used OEM part back on and it has been good for almost a year now.

And yes my chain is properly adjusted, and occasionally will grind the side of my knobbies, but not with my Pirelli MT43's.