kdx200 carb tuning help...

Getting a bike going for a friend.... Had to replace the carb adapter and clean the gummy gas out of the whole thing........It runs great wot but rough most everywhere else......

Im at sea level.... What positions should the needle and the carb adj. screws be at to start the tuning process.....I don't want to just start turning screws and mess it all up.....  

The bike has sat for years.......

Thanks.........Great forum....

There is a sticky up top ^^^^^^^^^ for the kdx200/220. All you will/should need is in there.

Tore the carb apart again and recleaned everything.... Moved the needle to top position.... It seems to run better, 1/3-1/2 throttle and up it screams... Below that still real rough and crackly.....

What about the kips or power valve... How can I tell if its working or stuck...???  Can I clean it????

Its been a long time since I've been on a 2 stroke dirt bike.... What a hoot when it hits the power band......

Its been sitting for so long, maybe it just needs to be run hard for a couple tanks of gas....I'm sure my neighbors aren't happy w/ me racing up the street and on the grass next to the sidewalk......

Tore the carb apart again and recleaned everything.... Moved the needle to top position.... It seems to run better, 1/3-1/2 throttle and up it screams... Below that still real rough and crackly.....

What about the kips or power valve... How can I tell if its working or stuck...???  Can I clean it????

Its been a long time since I've been on a 2 stroke dirt bike.... What a hoot when it hits the power band......

Its been sitting for so long, maybe it just needs to be run hard for a couple tanks of gas....I'm sure my neighbors aren't happy w/ me racing up the street and on the grass next to the sidewalk......

No, they are not happy, quit doing that. Jet per the thread 810 gave you with NEW clean jets. Get some SeaFoam and put I oz per gallon premix  for several tanks, then 1/2 oz per gal from now on.