Sign in to follow this  

Cr125 trail riding

I have bought and sold bikes. I just made the purchase of a cr125 yr 1999. Im still in the rebuilding process. Any suggestions on anything i could buy to make it more tuned for the woods? no purple powerband garbage jokes either.

I installed the camouflage powerband from bass pro shops and it is awesome for trail riding :). Sorry....

Best trail riding mods for your bike are:

a larger rear sprocket- preferably 2 teeth larger; no more than 3.

An 18" rear wheel and a new tire are great ideas.

Torque spacer for the expansion chamber. I've never seen a torque pipe for a 125....???

10oz flywheel weight

Soften the suspension

Then if you want to get a little more involved, install an older cr125 6 speed transmission! Will help a lot....

Then you can think about a big bore kit-

And bark busters, skid plate, kickstand

But then. After spending all that money, you could save it, sell the 125, and get a cr250......

A larger rear sprocket will make a big change. I have experience with flywheel weights on 125s before and they honestly don't do that much. Jetting is important and can make a difference. I have done a lot of jetting changes to make my cr125 better for the woods. Hand guards, skid plate, radiator guards, big gas tank,...

A smaller countershaft sprocket is considerably cheaper than the rear. Won't require a new chain either.