Sign in to follow this  

High Altitude Jetting W/O 3x3

I have a 2013 DRZ-400s and would like to jet it to run correctly at 6000+ elevation.  I bought the JD jet kit and do not want to do the 3x3 mod yet, as I have heard it will void the warranty.  I did a 145 Main, red needle, 3rd clip and it still cuts out and feels really sluggish over 8k ft.  I'm a nooooobb, please help!

Try the 150 main. I have the 3x3 but with the adjustable fuel screw I was able to dial it right in at 4600 ft.

Try the 150 main. I have the 3x3 but with the adjustable fuel screw I was able to dial it right in at 4600 ft.

150 mj would be too rich at 8K , more so without the 3x3 mod...and with stock pipe

I have a 2013 DRZ-400s and would like to jet it to run correctly at 6000+ elevation.  I bought the JD jet kit and do not want to do the 3x3 mod yet, as I have heard it will void the warranty.  I did a 145 Main, red needle, 3rd clip and it still cuts out and feels really sluggish over 8k ft.  I'm a nooooobb, please help!

If you don't want to do the 3x3 mod while it's under warranty you could buy an accessory air box door(acerbis) and cut a hole to bring the combined intake opening to 9 cubic inches..

JD jet kits work much better with the larger air intake.....

as a test run it without the side door and note any changes in performance

Edited by Craigo 485sm

150 mj would be too rich at 8K , more so without the 3x3 mod...and with stock pipe

If you don't want to do the 3x3 mod while it's under warranty you could buy an accessory air box door(acerbis) and cut a hole to bring the combined intake opening to 9 cubic inches..

That sounds like a better idea. I was thinking maybe with an adjustable fuel screw it could be dialed, but I wasn't thinking it through (obviously) as not having the air box opened up. Kind of makes my suggestion inaccurate.

Who told you installing a jet kit and doing the 3x3 mod will void your warranty..?

check with the dealer directly....

Actually, I read it on the master 3x3 post.  Someone said it would void the warranty, maybe I should find out for myself.  

Thanks! I appreciate the info.  Anyway you could send me a link to the air box door?  I searched Acerbis website and did not find one.  Thanks again!

Try the TT shop,  oem cycles, Bike Bandit or ebay...

you may have to  purchase as a side cover combo...http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_odkw=drz400+side+cover+plastics&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_PrefLoc=2&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xdrz400+side++plastics&_nkw=drz400+side++plastics&_sacat=0

Edited by Craigo 485sm