Why KTM motorcycles are ruining off-road motorcycle riding

Message added by ThumperTalk

3 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Are Australians close to Austrians? I thought Australuans were masochists. ?

Sado-masochists actually.

7 hours ago, RollieW said:

You do realize that hex socket's work on most torx ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using ThumperTalk mobile app

As do Torx sockets. Funny eh?

Edited by BushPig
  • Like 1

2017 Kenda Tennessee, Knockout Main Event Results

1.         Cody Webb, KTM
2.         Graham Jarvis, Husqvarna
3.         Mario Roman, Sherco
4.         Max Gerston, Beta
5.         Jordan Ashburn, Beta
6.         Cory Graffunder, Husqvarna
7.         Ben Kelly, KTM
8.         Mitch Carvolth, KTM
9.         Quinn Wentzel, Husqvarna
10.       Grayson Goncalves, Husqvarna
11.       Kealoha Estrella, KTM
12.       Josh Rooken-Smith, KTM

13.       Noah Kepple, GasGas
14.       George Kowalski, KTM
15.       Chris Satterfield, Husqvarna

More like ruining the main for riders on Japanese brands. ? Looks like the big 4 have all but given up on off-road racing all together by these results!

• Like 6

It is odd that the big four haven't tried to get in the enduro bikes. Yamaha has the yzx but it's not even a 300. Honda produced the rx but that's really not an endure bike. I haven't been following what yellow and green have been up to, but I don't think they have anything close. Is it emissions or is it just not worth their time to produce them because of such a small group of enduro riders? MX is where the money is I guess.

• Like 1

2017 Kenda Tennessee, Knockout Main Event Results

1.         Cody Webb, KTM
2.         Graham Jarvis, Husqvarna
3.         Mario Roman, Sherco
4.         Max Gerston, Beta
5.         Jordan Ashburn, Beta
6.         Cory Graffunder, Husqvarna
7.         Ben Kelly, KTM
8.         Mitch Carvolth, KTM
9.         Quinn Wentzel, Husqvarna
10.       Grayson Goncalves, Husqvarna
11.       Kealoha Estrella, KTM
12.       Josh Rooken-Smith, KTM

13.       Noah Kepple, GasGas
14.       George Kowalski, KTM
15.       Chris Satterfield, Husqvarna

More like ruining the main for riders on Japanese brands. [emoji6] Looks like the big 4 have all but given up on off-road racing all together by these results!

3 out of top 5 are non KTM. Proves how much off road they've ruined now.
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, shrubitup said:

3 out of top 5 are non KTM. Proves how much off road they've ruined now.

Yeah in this race, but they are just ktm clones anyway.

It is a shame yammie doesnt throw out a bone and sponsor anyone.  They really dont need a 300 to compete effectively. Heck they dont even need to use their X model.  Put a yz out there with a rekluse, big radiators, or a fan and go kick some euronator butt!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sycamore said:

It is a shame yammie doesnt throw out a bone and sponsor anyone.  They really dont need a 300 to compete effectively. Heck they dont even need to use their X model.  Put a yz out there with a rekluse, big radiators, or a fan and go kick some euronator butt!

an weighted flywheels...

a 300 can chug...

Fan Would need to be battery powered. No electric power on Yamaha. They run cooler than KTM tho too.

Sherco is hardly a KTM clone. Neither is beta. Ride them back to back same day. Beta is really good on technical imo.

22 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Fan Would need to be battery powered. No electric power on Yamaha. They run cooler than KTM tho too.

Sherco is hardly a KTM clone. Neither is beta. Ride them back to back same day. Beta is really good on technical imo.

You could fashion a stator or even just put on a charged up battery to run the fan.  250s in general run cooler then 300s

Disagree.  They are copys of ktm, they couldnt even come up with a different displacement then ktm, hell the ktm head will fit right on the beta.  lol  Didnt say they were bad vs ktm, just no imagination vs ktm.

• Like 1

You could fashion a stator or even just put on a charged up battery to run the fan.  250s in general run cooler then 300s

Disagree.  They are copys of ktm, they couldnt even come up with a different displacement then ktm, hell the ktm head will fit right on the beta.  lol  Didnt say they were bad vs ktm, just no imagination vs ktm.

Ride them same day same course and tell me how similar they are. You'd be surprised how disimiliar they are.

19 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Ride them same day same course and tell me how similar they are. You'd be surprised how disimiliar they are.

I'm talking the basic concept of the design itself.  Everything KTM does, they do.  Still waiting on news of a beta or sherco counter balancer.  lol

Incidentally I have ridden exact same models that were also dissimilar, so much so that I couldnt wait to get off. Both were same year 300 ktms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gitenby said:

I'd like a Beta 2t, Beta because I may be able to afford it some day. They look & sound great, but then it is a 2t so it's a given.

There is only about 500 bucks different between ktm and beta.  With beta you get a proven 2008 ktm like design vs latest and greatest innovation from ktm that is unfinished, costs you more money and time to make right.  But when your finished you have something really special vs another companys version of old model ktm's.

If beta had done a few things different I would have gone that route...maybe.

• Like 1