Why KTM motorcycles are ruining off-road motorcycle riding

Sure, KTM is still trying to play catch-up after filing bankruptcy not too long ago.

The 90's were quite a while ago...as much as I hate to admit it.  lol

I don't recall if they filed but they were in trouble.  Either way sometimes good can come from a financial issue.  Decisions HAVE to be made, dollars watched over, priorities implemented, etc.  Clearly they came out from the experience tougher, stronger, more competitive vs the jap companys who have rested on their cans and just copied each other.   

Of course now they copy KTM....slowly.  ;)

sounds to me like nobody wants one and they knew they had done there sucker.

No one can read Bassman's post and not be moved by it, so I'm guessing you missed it otherwise wow.

I plan on waiting at least one full page between telling him how lame his bike is.  ;)

• Like 2

Crappy old Honda came with such a chain.

Aftermarket would be dumb not to offer parts for the next most popular bikes: Honda and Yamaha. For example i have bullet proof designs rad braces, and a tm designs plastic skid plate. Their exclusivity is less exclusive than they've lead you to believe. They want them cash money dollars yo. :doh:

What year was the "crappy old Honda"?  lol

BPD made stuff for yam and honduh AFTER they built everything for ktm!  ;)

Edited by Sycamore

One good thing I do have to say about KTMs and their owners is that they are no longer as snooty as they were before they became as common as Hondas.  They passed the snooty torch on to the Beta owners. ;)

• Like 4

One good thing I do have to say about KTMs and their owners is that they are no longer as snooty as they were before they became as common as Hondas. They passed the snooty torch on to the Beta owners. ;)

Don't lump us enlightened people with those neanderthals!
  • Like 1

It must nust be the supernlucky people I ride with.

Because I have ridden many brands myself.

And others who ride with me have many different brands.

And it is very rare to have a breakdown...unless its say a broken case due to a crash.

Cannot blame that on the bike.

• Like 1

One good thing I do have to say about KTMs and their owners is that they are no longer as snooty as they were before they became as common as Hondas.  They passed the snooty torch on to the Beta owners. ;)

That's 'cuz all the gays started riding Ktm's and they're into inclusiveness and stuff. 

• Like 1

No, Giuseppe Bianchi, Arrigo Tosi founded BETA in 1904 in Florence. They have no interest in selling, they are a family owned company with a sincere personal interest in the customer. After my mother passed away and I heard they were comming out with offroad two strokes I communicated with Mr. Bianchi(grandson of the founder) personally since my mother was a frequent visitor and promoter of Florence. I got the very first BYOB 250 in the United States and there is a plate on the head tube that says " In Memoria Della Madre" Which is "in memory of mother" . Enough Said. BETA for life for me.

that's good there needs to be some competition 

That's 'cuz all the gays started riding Ktm's and they're into inclusiveness and stuff. 

lol, please!  Nothing says "hey fella's" like that purdy lipstick red machine.  Admit it, Beta riders sashay just thinking about that bike...............;) 

• Like 2

The AER still needs work and is hardly SSS from guys that I know that have them.  Still its good by ktm standards,  lol  The Explor is still an unkown

The new 17's seem to have a high number of reed valve issues where they are not seating properly.  Not good

The 17 2s motors are stellar, no doubt

The extra price is worth it IF you need the dodads that come with the off road models, then you have to pay to get suspension right.  If you dont need all the gizmo's, dont walk but run to the yammie dealer and get a 250x., buy a bigger tank, and some guards and ride the best suspended stock bike on planet earth, and save yourself a HUGE chuck of cash on bike and suspension fix $$

I need the do-dads so I plan on buying ktm probably late season or next year and hope the ktm crap gets fixed.  lol

Ive bought bikes in the past that were supposedly the worst years ever and never had an issue with them. Hype is hype. 

• Like 1

Ive bought bikes in the past that were supposedly the worst years ever and never had an issue with them. Hype is hype. 

I dont recall the context of what you've written and I'm too lazy to go back and find it. lol  I do think the 17 ktm's are hyped up BIG.  Game changer is being tossed around and I just dont get that.  The Counter Balancer is THE reason I will be eventually getting one.  AER?  Hardly.  The new estart location?  If that was important to me I would have gone beta.

All the bikes are good so I hear ya on the "worst years ever" comment.

KTM is an investor owned company.

Not sure what you mean by that exactly.  They recently voted to go private again but had very little outstanding shares.  I recall one LARGE investor from India with the rest in Austria.

Post 10255 implied KTM was owned by the Austrian govt. I think he really meant to say "made in".

Edited by YHGEORGE

Ktm is part of the vast right wing conspiracy. :prof:

I read on an internet site and watched a few youtube videos that their suspension subsidiary endorsed Trump :jawdrop:

• Like 1